Ch-ch-ch-changes!
Just to clarify. I actually did have about 6 people (including 1 other realtor) show up to the open house. But they only stayed about 10 minutes. And came in one big bunch. So I did work (other than cleaning the blue toilet water floor issue) for about 20 minutes. Go team.
Ok. Moving on. In my other day job, the law office, a new development. Well, not in THIS office. Apparently I am being head-hunted by another law firm in town, and the previous attorney I worked for also works at this firm and wants to talk to me about coming to work for them. Am slightly torn, because (1) I feel an inordinate and frankly inappropriate level of loyalty (cowardice?) toward my current boss, even though he burps really loud garlic burps in my office and then leaves for a 2 hour lunch/afternoon snack (involving more garlic). And (2) it would be working for my old boss.
But.
* I would work probably a lot fewer hours (finishing work at 4:30 instead of 6:30? NICE).
* They would pay my insurance.
* I would have other women to talk to (even though Salynda is great - but she's only part time - the rest of the time involves more garlic burping and whistling by you-kn0w-who).
* They would give me a 401(k).
And the clincher:
* They would pay me about $4 more an hour. WOW.
I go in this afternoon at 5:30 to discuss options with these new guys. One important thing is whether they will let me continue with my real estate agenting (productive as it is and all), because I may be able to make some good money at that, and don't want to lose that opportunity. Because those open houses - they really pull in the clients, let me tell ya.
Other updates:
Still frantically sewing at night. Am never sewing again. Seriously. EVER.
Am too fat. Got the bridesmaid dress yesterday for Lisa's wedding in June, and I am a heifer. Can't fit in the dress. Sigh. Am now drinking copious amounts of water to try to purge fat cells.
Am taking the car in to the mechanic tomorrow. EEK. This might be really ugly. Hopefully not. But it might be.
Am possibly (but probably not) going to Germany NEXT WEEK. If I'm not going, Joe is coming here NEXT WEEK. Although he doesn't have his tickets yet (not his fault! He's too organized to wait this long - it's his office). Ah, the life of a jet-setter. But. This means massive cleaning needs to happen at Casa de Kelli. BIG TIME.
Ok, back to the ol' grind. Must attempt productivity even though I haven't eaten lunch yet and it's 3:08 pm. Sigh.....Can you feel the pity party happening? awesome.
Ok. Moving on. In my other day job, the law office, a new development. Well, not in THIS office. Apparently I am being head-hunted by another law firm in town, and the previous attorney I worked for also works at this firm and wants to talk to me about coming to work for them. Am slightly torn, because (1) I feel an inordinate and frankly inappropriate level of loyalty (cowardice?) toward my current boss, even though he burps really loud garlic burps in my office and then leaves for a 2 hour lunch/afternoon snack (involving more garlic). And (2) it would be working for my old boss.
But.
* I would work probably a lot fewer hours (finishing work at 4:30 instead of 6:30? NICE).
* They would pay my insurance.
* I would have other women to talk to (even though Salynda is great - but she's only part time - the rest of the time involves more garlic burping and whistling by you-kn0w-who).
* They would give me a 401(k).
And the clincher:
* They would pay me about $4 more an hour. WOW.
I go in this afternoon at 5:30 to discuss options with these new guys. One important thing is whether they will let me continue with my real estate agenting (productive as it is and all), because I may be able to make some good money at that, and don't want to lose that opportunity. Because those open houses - they really pull in the clients, let me tell ya.
Other updates:
Still frantically sewing at night. Am never sewing again. Seriously. EVER.
Am too fat. Got the bridesmaid dress yesterday for Lisa's wedding in June, and I am a heifer. Can't fit in the dress. Sigh. Am now drinking copious amounts of water to try to purge fat cells.
Am taking the car in to the mechanic tomorrow. EEK. This might be really ugly. Hopefully not. But it might be.
Am possibly (but probably not) going to Germany NEXT WEEK. If I'm not going, Joe is coming here NEXT WEEK. Although he doesn't have his tickets yet (not his fault! He's too organized to wait this long - it's his office). Ah, the life of a jet-setter. But. This means massive cleaning needs to happen at Casa de Kelli. BIG TIME.
Ok, back to the ol' grind. Must attempt productivity even though I haven't eaten lunch yet and it's 3:08 pm. Sigh.....Can you feel the pity party happening? awesome.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home