Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Friday, August 25, 2006

Life Progresses!

So! I hope everyone enjoyed the photos from last week. Fun stuff! :D

Life In General Updates:

* I'm still enjoying my new stylin' hair, and my dear co-worker Salynda has kindly donated one of her round hairbrushes to my sad lack of hair supplies, since I am low maintenance and also? I do NOT know when to stop with the mousse. I almost had a mohawk this morning, what with the mousse and the drippy gloppy 6 year old hairspray I had, and the hair styling skillz I developed in 6th grade, which involve the following steps:

1) Wet hair (especially hair around the face) with old stinky hairspray. Make sure it's good and saturated.

2) Hold hair straight up, away from face, with enough tension to keep hair perfectly taut.

3) Find friend (or hairdryer) to blow on hair, so that gloppy hairspray dries and positions hair in gravity-defying vertical ironing board look.

So ya'll understand the serious brushing, post-hairspray, that was required to tame my hair back into a non-Flock of Seagulls look this morning.

[Also? The lady at the hair salon thinks I am horribly deprived because I have never had any of the following: a pedicure (no touching my feet!), a manicure (am paranoid about cuticle infections), a facial (just creepy), an eyebrow shaping (I do my own - for better or worse). ]

* The house is not getting unpacked yet. Partially because we have more important things to do, like go out for Mexican food, or play video games, or go to the brewery. But also, I had been working hard in the evenings to get the old house cleaned out and ready to go. Which paid off last night, quite literally, because:

* I turned in the keys to the old house last night. I also got back my entire security deposit, which I may use to start a new checking account at a different bank than the First National Bank of Satan that I use now, that charges me for the priviledge of having a checking account with them, but yet does not have online banking. Or drive up ATMs. They only have the primitive Park The Car And Stand In The Dark Shadows At The ATM atms. Safe. Bank Fascists.

So! I am free of the old house, free of having to think of two homes at once. I can now put my energy toward the new house, unpacking, getting things arranged and organized and properly Hausfrau'd & Martha Stewarted.

* We have ordered DSL. Y'all, this is going to be amazing. Do you REALIZE the VAST QUANTITIES of photos that can be posted in notimeflat on DSL? Shiver at the thought, my little ones. It should be set up sometime in the middle of next week. I am excited. Very.

* We have Official Neighborhood Cats. Who love my car. And our yard. There is a big orange one (I *heart* orange kitties!) and he likes to sit on my car, or in the driveway. And he is completely unafraid of us. So cute. And this morning, there was a white & yellow kitty on the fence in the backyard, enjoying the morning air I guess. So! Now we have tree frogs (I shoo'd one off the garage door last night so he wouldn't get smooshed), and birds, and an occasional lizard (we accidentally moved one in one of my beach chairs - he is now a resident in our new town). And while the kitties aren't the best critters to have in the yard, from a bird-watching point of view, frankly I'd rather have cats. :D I feel like we live in a rainforest, except the cats are slightly smaller than leopards. Which, needless to say, my car is happy about.

So this weekend will be unpacking & organizing weekend. Joe's things are on the way from Germany, and will be arriving sometime near the 1st of September. We need to have a lot of my stuff unpacked before his stuff gets here, so we won't have an intermingling of boxes. Because his aren't color-coded. And we just can't have that!

Also this weekend we will be going to the beach. Hopefully. If the storms hold off! It's that time of year here in Coastal Georgia when we get thunderstorms almost every afternoon, and monsoons too. Hmmm...maybe this IS a rainforest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home