Happy Monday
Hi everyone. Today is a very rainy, overcast Monday with storms in the Wettervorhersage (that's 'Weather Report' in German - I'm getting so multilingual!).
It was a good weekend. Friday night (I think it was, anyway), Joe and I had a fire in the little chiminea in the back yard. We burned a bag of the dreaded pinecones, and those little things burn like NOBODY'S business. I kinda packed too many in at first, and the mesh around the top of the chimney started to glow red. Oops. But it was nice to just sit outside and look at the stars and drink our wine.
Next day, Joe and I returned from the beach with no sunburn (miracle of all miracles) after some exciting sea kayaking in waves that were bigger than I'm normally comfortable with. But it was fun. :D And there were dolphins! It was a gorgeous day, sunny and bright with enough wind to keep it cool.
That was Saturday. I made some vegetarian lasagna for us when we got back. Then Food Coma.
Yesterday, we went back out to Tybee, but this time (because of reports of bad weather) we opted to take a not-so-leisurely stroll down the old railroad trail, which has been converted into a nice walking path. Joe jogged. I walked quickly. We both sweated buckets and enjoyed the scenery. We saw lots of little critters - notably a good sized turtle. His/her (how can you tell?) shell was the size of a salad plate and it (ha!) was walking across the path at a pretty good clip. I stopped to say hi and check it out. Very cool. We also saw lots of crabs of various sizes, some scuttling across the path, some in the water under the wooden bridges. While Joe ran ahead, I walked with Tony Robbins. Thank you, public library, for having Tony Robbins tapes. I love this guy and his tapes. :)
Last night we went to Chris's house for dinner - steak, potato, cajun rice, and corn on the cob. YUM. Then we sat outside and had margaritas by the tiki torches and watched the thunderstorms roll in.
Ah yes, life is certainly charmed. :D
This morning we took my little car to another mechanic for a 2nd opinion. I already really like this guy. When I went to drop it off, he wanted me to drive him around for a few minutes so he could hear the noises the car was making, and to verify that the sounds he was hearing are the sounds I was talking about. This scores major points with me, that (1) he doesn't assume he knows exactly what's wrong and wants my input, and (2) he did this even though I'm female and also that I have no clue about cars. Big points. He just called a few minutes ago to make sure it was ok if he drained the transmission fluid, since he wants to check the inside for metal filings. Or something. Anyway, I thought it was very nice for him to call and get the go-ahead.
Now it's back to the ol' grind here at the office.
Although I did get an email this morning from a man at Gulfstream. I sent a resume to him about 2 months ago, and he's now finally getting around to hiring. He wants to meet up with me for an informal interview/chat sometime soon. Wow. Cool.
Back to work. :P
It was a good weekend. Friday night (I think it was, anyway), Joe and I had a fire in the little chiminea in the back yard. We burned a bag of the dreaded pinecones, and those little things burn like NOBODY'S business. I kinda packed too many in at first, and the mesh around the top of the chimney started to glow red. Oops. But it was nice to just sit outside and look at the stars and drink our wine.
Next day, Joe and I returned from the beach with no sunburn (miracle of all miracles) after some exciting sea kayaking in waves that were bigger than I'm normally comfortable with. But it was fun. :D And there were dolphins! It was a gorgeous day, sunny and bright with enough wind to keep it cool.
That was Saturday. I made some vegetarian lasagna for us when we got back. Then Food Coma.
Yesterday, we went back out to Tybee, but this time (because of reports of bad weather) we opted to take a not-so-leisurely stroll down the old railroad trail, which has been converted into a nice walking path. Joe jogged. I walked quickly. We both sweated buckets and enjoyed the scenery. We saw lots of little critters - notably a good sized turtle. His/her (how can you tell?) shell was the size of a salad plate and it (ha!) was walking across the path at a pretty good clip. I stopped to say hi and check it out. Very cool. We also saw lots of crabs of various sizes, some scuttling across the path, some in the water under the wooden bridges. While Joe ran ahead, I walked with Tony Robbins. Thank you, public library, for having Tony Robbins tapes. I love this guy and his tapes. :)
Last night we went to Chris's house for dinner - steak, potato, cajun rice, and corn on the cob. YUM. Then we sat outside and had margaritas by the tiki torches and watched the thunderstorms roll in.
Ah yes, life is certainly charmed. :D
This morning we took my little car to another mechanic for a 2nd opinion. I already really like this guy. When I went to drop it off, he wanted me to drive him around for a few minutes so he could hear the noises the car was making, and to verify that the sounds he was hearing are the sounds I was talking about. This scores major points with me, that (1) he doesn't assume he knows exactly what's wrong and wants my input, and (2) he did this even though I'm female and also that I have no clue about cars. Big points. He just called a few minutes ago to make sure it was ok if he drained the transmission fluid, since he wants to check the inside for metal filings. Or something. Anyway, I thought it was very nice for him to call and get the go-ahead.
Now it's back to the ol' grind here at the office.
Although I did get an email this morning from a man at Gulfstream. I sent a resume to him about 2 months ago, and he's now finally getting around to hiring. He wants to meet up with me for an informal interview/chat sometime soon. Wow. Cool.
Back to work. :P

2 Comments:
cool....
is the second opinion from A1 autorepairs?
I. am. so. jealous. Kayaking, walking on sandy trails, back yard chiminea, maragaritas with good friends.
At least I did have margaritas with good friends yesterday. But the rest I'm jealous about.
So glad y'all are having a good time together!
Post a Comment
<< Home