Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Friday, May 19, 2006

Life Finds Balance

Well. Yesterday was a little rough. And snotty. And sore throaty.

Today is somewhat better medically, which is always nice, considering it's about 80 degrees out - not proper "sick" weather. Hooray for medicine!

This morning I had a meeting at the Board of Realtors, and I now have a lockbox key remotey thing (official name), and my MLS password, so I feel much more official now. I can actually search for properties AND get into them! wow.

Also I got the car back. $2224 total. Sigh. But. It runs like a dream now. Fantastic. The clutch feels good, the gear shift feels good, and the car is so quiet! No rumbling, no shaking, no growling. (Yes my car growled). It will be able to go long distances without me worrying about it breaking down and me turning feral a la Deliverance.

It's also Friday, which is always good. :D

I'm going to see if Mark will let me leave early today, since we don't have much going on, I'm very sniffly, and it's Friday and I've worked a lot of overtime this week. I deserve to leave, dammit! Of course, I also believe I deserve to win the lottery. Huh.

Joe and I will be going out on the town tonight, and eating at Tango - a wonderful restaurant out on Tybee Island. See it here: http://tangotybee.com/

Tomorrow we're probably going to the beach. We *heart* the beach. Sunday too, most likely. The weather is supposed to be fantastic this weekend - hot and sunny. Joe leaves on Monday, so we want to make the most of the sunshine while he's here! We'll be kayaking, windsurfing, baking (ourselves in coconut oil, not food), and knitting. Ok, *I* will be knitting. Will take photos. Especially if I try windsurfing again - last time I had an audience laughing at me. Good for the self-esteem.

So have a lovely weekend everyone!

p.s. The Highland Stagger was awesome last night. Woo hoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're on the mend -- and that your car is mended, too. Have you considered asking your mechanic for medical advice? I once suggested that Larry could deliver my baby. I mean, anybody who could do what he could do with a Honda should certainly be able to do a little midwifery.

Is Tango the place we went? No. That was something else. But wonderful. I still think about sitting in the sun on that dock watching the dolphin mama teach her baby to jump out of the water.

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home