7 Days in One Posting
Ok, ok. I have been busy. And my computer is acting weird and my dial-up is being uncooperative, blah blah blah. Yes, I know. Everyone is busy. I hear ya.
So here is an update on the last seven days of my life (photos forthcoming):
FRIDAY
After work, Joe and I found a house online that I could try my new lockbox key on. I called the realtor, we drove out to it, and I got to use my new key thingie! Felt very official. ;)
Then Joe and I got gussied up and went to Tango for a fantastic dinner. Joe had a VERY rare tuna steak. I had shrimp sauteed with vegetables, coconut and cashews in a yellow curry sauce. YUM. Our appetizer was coconut calamari with some red pepper sauce (I think). Delicious.
SATURDAY
Beach day! Joe loaded up the windsurfer and we met his coworker, Rene, at the beach. It was a hot day (about 95) but the breeze from the ocean kept us comfortable. Joe and Rene windsurfed, I knitted and read and just chilled out (still on antibiotics, you know!).
We saw a wedding on the beach. It was very sweet. The bride was in a very pretty white dress but wore no shoes. My kind of wedding!
That night we ate....um....I don't remember. I think we made buffaloaf again. No, that was Sunday. Shit. This is why I should blog more frequently. No, it was buffaloaf on Saturday. I think.
p.s. We neither one got very sunburned, although I had one shoulder that turned pink.
SUNDAY
We decided we had enough sun and instead of going to the beach for another day, we went out to Tybee for a nice walk/jog on the old railroad converted trail. And almost got heat stroke. Because it was again about 95 out. And we were exercising. Like idiots. Yeah. Remind us not to do that again.
We went out for Mexican food that night (NOT buffaloaf! It's all coming back to me now!). It was sooooo good. Not good for my waistline, but that's ok. It was our last dinner together for a while, so we wanted to not have to cook ourselves.
MONDAY
We got up and said our goodbyes in the morning - Joe left straight from work to go up to Connecticut for a week.
At lunch I went to a local mortgage company to see if I could qualify for a home loan, and was pleasantly SHOCKED INTO SILENCE by how much they would approve me for. INSANITY. Let the house hunt begin!
By the time I got home from work and from running errands, my house was very quiet. I just kinda sat around. And watched CSI: Miami and tried to get some things done around the house that had been neglected (eg. laundry and dishes and more laundry).
TUESDAY
Work again. :P After work I went to the realty company and frantically searched for homes for my potential client, now that I had a password to do property searches online. Emailed her, then got a return email saying she had already signed a contract on another house. Oh well. Not going to beat myself up for that, since I didn't actually have the tools I needed to do the job. Next time, right?
After leaving the realty company, I decided to take a sanity break from the work and do something for myself. So I went to a knitting group and met a bunch of nice women who are starting up a weekly knitting night. It was very fun! It felt good to just sit around and chat and knit and relax and pet kitties. :)
WEDNESDAY
Work again. :P After work, I booked it to Pooler for a meeting with a guy about a potential job at Gulfstream. It became evident pretty fast that the job wasn't a good fit for my personality. But I'm proud of the fact that I didn't try to mold myself and my responses to fit the job. Because here's a big revelation that hit me: if I try so hard to mold myself to fit a job description, and that mold is suppressing a lot of my personality, likes and dislikes, then I might get the job, but I'd be miserable right away. And I'm tired of being in jobs that make me miserable! We had a nice chat though, for about 1 1/2 hours, about different areas of Gulfstream I could consider for work positions (marketing and sales, namely). We'll see.
Then I drove around looking at homes around Pooler, and found quite a few nice ones that might be potentials. Got home after 9 pm. Cleaned up, tried to get some stuff done for today, but ended up just getting a bigger pile of crap on the coffee table. Sigh.
TODAY
Work again. :P On my lunch break I finally FINALLY found some shoes I like for the wedding. Stilettos, of course. I am a sadist. To my feet. But they're cute shoes.
Then tonight: massive sewing. Am seriously behind on sewing. STILL.
It's a good thing it's a 3 day weekend! Much to do! I'm leaving on Wednesday for the drive up to NY, and there's so much to have finished by then!
But I promise I will try to put some pictures on the blog. While sewing. And watching CSI. :D
So here is an update on the last seven days of my life (photos forthcoming):
FRIDAY
After work, Joe and I found a house online that I could try my new lockbox key on. I called the realtor, we drove out to it, and I got to use my new key thingie! Felt very official. ;)
Then Joe and I got gussied up and went to Tango for a fantastic dinner. Joe had a VERY rare tuna steak. I had shrimp sauteed with vegetables, coconut and cashews in a yellow curry sauce. YUM. Our appetizer was coconut calamari with some red pepper sauce (I think). Delicious.
SATURDAY
Beach day! Joe loaded up the windsurfer and we met his coworker, Rene, at the beach. It was a hot day (about 95) but the breeze from the ocean kept us comfortable. Joe and Rene windsurfed, I knitted and read and just chilled out (still on antibiotics, you know!).
We saw a wedding on the beach. It was very sweet. The bride was in a very pretty white dress but wore no shoes. My kind of wedding!
That night we ate....um....I don't remember. I think we made buffaloaf again. No, that was Sunday. Shit. This is why I should blog more frequently. No, it was buffaloaf on Saturday. I think.
p.s. We neither one got very sunburned, although I had one shoulder that turned pink.
SUNDAY
We decided we had enough sun and instead of going to the beach for another day, we went out to Tybee for a nice walk/jog on the old railroad converted trail. And almost got heat stroke. Because it was again about 95 out. And we were exercising. Like idiots. Yeah. Remind us not to do that again.
We went out for Mexican food that night (NOT buffaloaf! It's all coming back to me now!). It was sooooo good. Not good for my waistline, but that's ok. It was our last dinner together for a while, so we wanted to not have to cook ourselves.
MONDAY
We got up and said our goodbyes in the morning - Joe left straight from work to go up to Connecticut for a week.
At lunch I went to a local mortgage company to see if I could qualify for a home loan, and was pleasantly SHOCKED INTO SILENCE by how much they would approve me for. INSANITY. Let the house hunt begin!
By the time I got home from work and from running errands, my house was very quiet. I just kinda sat around. And watched CSI: Miami and tried to get some things done around the house that had been neglected (eg. laundry and dishes and more laundry).
TUESDAY
Work again. :P After work I went to the realty company and frantically searched for homes for my potential client, now that I had a password to do property searches online. Emailed her, then got a return email saying she had already signed a contract on another house. Oh well. Not going to beat myself up for that, since I didn't actually have the tools I needed to do the job. Next time, right?
After leaving the realty company, I decided to take a sanity break from the work and do something for myself. So I went to a knitting group and met a bunch of nice women who are starting up a weekly knitting night. It was very fun! It felt good to just sit around and chat and knit and relax and pet kitties. :)
WEDNESDAY
Work again. :P After work, I booked it to Pooler for a meeting with a guy about a potential job at Gulfstream. It became evident pretty fast that the job wasn't a good fit for my personality. But I'm proud of the fact that I didn't try to mold myself and my responses to fit the job. Because here's a big revelation that hit me: if I try so hard to mold myself to fit a job description, and that mold is suppressing a lot of my personality, likes and dislikes, then I might get the job, but I'd be miserable right away. And I'm tired of being in jobs that make me miserable! We had a nice chat though, for about 1 1/2 hours, about different areas of Gulfstream I could consider for work positions (marketing and sales, namely). We'll see.
Then I drove around looking at homes around Pooler, and found quite a few nice ones that might be potentials. Got home after 9 pm. Cleaned up, tried to get some stuff done for today, but ended up just getting a bigger pile of crap on the coffee table. Sigh.
TODAY
Work again. :P On my lunch break I finally FINALLY found some shoes I like for the wedding. Stilettos, of course. I am a sadist. To my feet. But they're cute shoes.
Now I need to find a corset or waist cincher or something, so I can fit into the bridesmaid dress. Gulp.
Am signed up for another Open House this weekend, so I'll be driving BACK out to Pooler today after work to put up my Open House signs. On the way home I need to stop by Office Max or Wal-Mart and get some office supplies for my little home office that Joe and I worked on setting up on Sunday (forgot to put that on Sunday's section - oops). Also need to pick up a few things for the upcoming trip to NY for Lisa's wedding.Then tonight: massive sewing. Am seriously behind on sewing. STILL.
It's a good thing it's a 3 day weekend! Much to do! I'm leaving on Wednesday for the drive up to NY, and there's so much to have finished by then!
But I promise I will try to put some pictures on the blog. While sewing. And watching CSI. :D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home