Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Friday, May 05, 2006

My Humblest Apologies

I have been very bad. At blogging. So I apologize to those of you who actually look at my blog (all 3 of you!) because life has been...um...alcoholism-inducing this week.

Let's see..where to begin. Um, first, my boss told me that he thinks I'm not working enough and in general questioned my work ethic. Which really pissed me off, as I am the one who does NOT take naps on the couch in the waiting room, nor do I take 2 1/2 hour lunches. And I stay late almost every night to finish up crap for the next morning. But whatever. He's the boss and I'm the low-level peon, right? Will suffer through this job until I can find another. Am tired of being under-compensated and under-appreciated.

Needless to say, that conversation (on Tuesday afternoon) generally set the mood for the week here at the Offices of Psycho-at-Law. Which brings me to a conclusion that will make many of you roll out of your chair and writhe in agony to hear me say YET AGAIN:

I don't want to work for other people. I HATE working for other people. I want to work for myself.

So last night, I watched Joe Versus the Volcano, just to cheer myself up and to provide entertainment while preparing for (non-Volcano) Joe's visit (more on that later). And here are the things that I took away from that amazing viewing experience:

(1) Who the hell cares what other people think of the decisions we make?

(2) Life is far too short to NOT dress like Jungle Jim.

(3) Hug every Great Dane you see.

(4) Adopt a fatalistic, "I have no control over outside circumstances" attitude, because. Really. We have no control over outside circumstances. Deal with it.

(5) We often have a destiny awaiting us that we are too afraid to see. It's critical to look up at that bolt of lightning and see what life is calling us to do.

(6) Telling your boss that he looks like a sack of shit stuffed in a cheap suit is cathartic.

(7) Avoid flourescent lights. They give you a Brain Cloud.

(8) Buy good luggage. You never know when you'll be floating around the Pacific on your travel trunks.

(9) Sometimes scary things happen to jolt us out of the mire of the everyday that we fall into and can't find our way out of. And while they may be scary, at least they make us aware of what's going on in our lives so that we can see what we really want out of life. (Really! It's a deep movie!)

I love that movie. It is one of my very favorites. As many of you know, since I've forced most of you to endure it at least once.

So. On to other news.

JOE ARRIVES TOMORROW EVENING. I am so excited to see him again! He's excited too! He leaves at about 1 am tonight (Friday night/Saturday morning) and comes into Savannah at about 7:15 pm. Everyone think good thoughts for a safe trip.

There's a lot to be done before he gets here. I have surprises to organize (shh!!), carpet to vacuum, and the yard to mow (although my dandelion crop is coming along nicely). Also, I have to go to the library (overdue books), finish up some sewing, do some real estate agenting, buy groceries, clean out the fridge (anyone have a haz-mat suit?), cook some stuff (part of the surprises), do some laundry, scrub down the kitchen, and in general do some tidying up around Casa de Kelli. Good thing I have coffee.

CRAP. I don't have coffee. Must put that on the grocery list.

Joe will be working while here, so we won't be actually taking vacations, except maybe next weekend (the 13th & 14th) when we may head up to Atlanta. However, we will be going to the beach, out for sushi, kayaking, grilling out, and in general eating everything within site. Yum. It will be so great to spend time with each other again. We've seen each other for a total of 2 evenings out of the past NINE MONTHS. We've agreed we will never be apart like this again. It's just too long.

Well, guess I should get going. Yes, I PROMISE I will put photos up. Maybe tonight, while working on other stuff (it takes a long time to post pictures from home - damn dial-up).

Have a lovely Friday everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

to damn funny......I actually watched Joe Vs The Volcano yesterday monrning. It was some sort of Tom Hanks marathon on HBO. Love the movie......

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...but can he DO the job?
:D

oh what a sage piece of enterainment, eh? It may just be the first thing I watch in my new place.
Appreciate the update and I will be in touch once the moving bit is done. (It's going rather swimmingly, by the way. A LOT of work though- yyeeeeooow!)
In the meantime, enjoy your first weekend back with Joe!! And say howdy and welcome to him from me.
ciao, chica!
:D

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home