Happy July 3rd!
Hi everyone. Sorry for the photo-only posts lately. The last week of the month is generally very busy at work, and this one was no exception. Add to that the additional prep time for Joe's visit, and real estate, and all that good stuff, and well....life is busy.
But. Bad news: Joe isn't here. His passport has gotten held hostage at the US Embassy (waiting on a visa thingie) and he wasn't able to come yesterday. We both are very disappointed, but he will probably be arriving this coming weekend, hopefully. We had been looking forward to spending the 4th of July holiday together, but leave it to the US gov't to f*$# it all up. Thanks, Embassy guys. Thanks a lot.
So that was sad. :( Was very excited for his visit. And am still excited for him to visit soon. We can go to the beach and the nature preserve and the beach (again). I just have to watch fireworks alone. But I told Joe I'd save some fireworks for him, so we can blow something up together when he gets here.
(See how I just put myself on the CIA's watch list? With words like "US Embassy" and "passport" and "held hostage" and "Blow something up"? Hi CIA! I'm a nice person, really! Model citizen! I vote responsibly and drive the speed limit!)
Anyway, so I sat at home yesterday and ate pizza and felt sorry for myself and watched bad movies on tv.
Also, I think I lost my real estate client! Go team! Ah well. This woman was a pill and a half. Called me ELEVEN TIMES in one morning. I can't answer the phone at work, so I guess she thought more was better or something. She also expected me to drop everything to drive her around, with no advance notice. Again: day job. Can't go right now. Must plan ahead.
Oh, and she was also blatantly racist. Charming. I have to appreciate the fact that she's secure enough in her racism to make the assumption, even though she'd never met me in person, that I was (1) white, and (2) not going to be upset by her views. That takes some guts or stupidity or something. Probably mostly stupidity.
It would be nice to get a client though. I'd like to think I haven't sunk all of this money into this whole process, just to not get any clients and end up in the hole and irritated.
So! Anyway, a weekend full of disappointments.
But I did get some crafting done, which is good. Also, we are having another knitting night tonight, and I think I'll forego fireworks on Tybee Island to go knit. Not that fireworks aren't fun (see above CIA-observed post on blowing things up), but the traffic out to Tybee is AWFUL (as Elizabeth can attest to) and I just don't know that I'm in the mood to sit in traffic for 2 hours. Although I could get knitting done then too. Hmmm...
They're also having fireworks on River Street tomorrow. Might go to those.
By the way, for those of you who are wondering/care, I'm at work today. Decided to come in to get some stuff done, and instead am sitting here blogging and emailing and looking up knitting patterns online. Nice. But the internet connection is so much faster here!
What else is happening here? Um, it's hot. The a/c tent is still doing well, but in the interests of relationshipial (is that a word?) harmony, I will be calling in an a/c guy before Joe gets here. Joe, for some odd reason, doesn't like sitting in an 82 degree house. Huh. Weird. ;) Actually, something probably is wrong with the a/c unit, and if it reduces my electric bill, well...that's a good thing.
Reason #4 Why the Public Library Is Cool: I went to rent DVDs the other day. And guess what I found there? (other than anthropology videos). Dawn of the Dead. Yes, my friends, the public library carries zombie DVDs. awesome.
And yes, I promise to watch this movie with the lights on, and well before nightfall, so I'm not freaked out. :)
Ok, that's a pretty good update on things for now I guess. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a nice 4th of July!
But. Bad news: Joe isn't here. His passport has gotten held hostage at the US Embassy (waiting on a visa thingie) and he wasn't able to come yesterday. We both are very disappointed, but he will probably be arriving this coming weekend, hopefully. We had been looking forward to spending the 4th of July holiday together, but leave it to the US gov't to f*$# it all up. Thanks, Embassy guys. Thanks a lot.
So that was sad. :( Was very excited for his visit. And am still excited for him to visit soon. We can go to the beach and the nature preserve and the beach (again). I just have to watch fireworks alone. But I told Joe I'd save some fireworks for him, so we can blow something up together when he gets here.
(See how I just put myself on the CIA's watch list? With words like "US Embassy" and "passport" and "held hostage" and "Blow something up"? Hi CIA! I'm a nice person, really! Model citizen! I vote responsibly and drive the speed limit!)
Anyway, so I sat at home yesterday and ate pizza and felt sorry for myself and watched bad movies on tv.
Also, I think I lost my real estate client! Go team! Ah well. This woman was a pill and a half. Called me ELEVEN TIMES in one morning. I can't answer the phone at work, so I guess she thought more was better or something. She also expected me to drop everything to drive her around, with no advance notice. Again: day job. Can't go right now. Must plan ahead.
Oh, and she was also blatantly racist. Charming. I have to appreciate the fact that she's secure enough in her racism to make the assumption, even though she'd never met me in person, that I was (1) white, and (2) not going to be upset by her views. That takes some guts or stupidity or something. Probably mostly stupidity.
It would be nice to get a client though. I'd like to think I haven't sunk all of this money into this whole process, just to not get any clients and end up in the hole and irritated.
So! Anyway, a weekend full of disappointments.
But I did get some crafting done, which is good. Also, we are having another knitting night tonight, and I think I'll forego fireworks on Tybee Island to go knit. Not that fireworks aren't fun (see above CIA-observed post on blowing things up), but the traffic out to Tybee is AWFUL (as Elizabeth can attest to) and I just don't know that I'm in the mood to sit in traffic for 2 hours. Although I could get knitting done then too. Hmmm...
They're also having fireworks on River Street tomorrow. Might go to those.
By the way, for those of you who are wondering/care, I'm at work today. Decided to come in to get some stuff done, and instead am sitting here blogging and emailing and looking up knitting patterns online. Nice. But the internet connection is so much faster here!
What else is happening here? Um, it's hot. The a/c tent is still doing well, but in the interests of relationshipial (is that a word?) harmony, I will be calling in an a/c guy before Joe gets here. Joe, for some odd reason, doesn't like sitting in an 82 degree house. Huh. Weird. ;) Actually, something probably is wrong with the a/c unit, and if it reduces my electric bill, well...that's a good thing.
Reason #4 Why the Public Library Is Cool: I went to rent DVDs the other day. And guess what I found there? (other than anthropology videos). Dawn of the Dead. Yes, my friends, the public library carries zombie DVDs. awesome.
And yes, I promise to watch this movie with the lights on, and well before nightfall, so I'm not freaked out. :)
Ok, that's a pretty good update on things for now I guess. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a nice 4th of July!

1 Comments:
First of all, I do NOT believe you drive the speed limit. But don't worry, I won't tell the CIA.
Secondly, is it the OLD dawn of the dead or the NEW one? Because the old one is better.
Post a Comment
<< Home