Ready.....Aim....
Because I deserve a firing squad, for so pathetically neglecting the poor little helpless blog, who cannot but be sad at the misery of desertion and loneliness and depressed feelings at having not been written upon for nigh upon a week & a half now.
Shameful.
But....
(Are you ready? That was the cue for the excuses to begin)
In order to make things...orderly, I will be formulating this saga into a list. So here we go!:
Top 10 Reasons I Have Not Blogged Since July 28th:
(1) I had an Open House on the 29th, which was a Mega Time Sucker, since I spent all day sitting in some stranger's living room, looking at family photos of people I've never met, and generally trying to make sure I didn't spill my bottled water on their really nice brown leather furniture. All of this, for a grand total of ONE person to show up, who wasn't actually there to see the house, but needed help getting out of the subdivision because her car broke down and she figured a realtor would know how the hell to get out of this monster slice of suburbia, back to a Wal-Mart.
(2) August has arrived, which makes me want to sit on my couch and watch Hocus Pocus and fondle yarn and pretend that it's not NINETY EIGHT THOUSAND DEGREES outside and that autumn is, in actuality, just around the corner and the leaves are just on the verge of changing. Even though we have nothing but pines and palm trees here, neither of which turns colors. Except in a drought. And dingy pine tree brown isn't so much of a lovely fall color.
(3) I have been sewing. Wow. I'm trying to get sewing projects finished and out the door, so I don't have to move them to the new house. Which brings up the next one....
(4) I have been packing. And purging crap out of my house. Because y'all, in case you don't know, I am MOVING. NEXT WEEK.
(5) Also I have been involved in an amazing transformation, nay, a Metamorphosis. Which I call "Hausfrauification". Which involves much sitting and staring at the furniture, as I contemplate Important Things ranging from (a) What Color Should The Slipcovers Be In The New House?, to (b) Where Shall We Put The Bookcases In The New House?, to (c) What Shall I Cook In The New Crock-Pot In The New House? This Metamorphosis requires much time and planning, and drawing of floor plans for potential furniture placements.
(6) Knitting. And watching Miss Marple mysteries on the teevee.
(7) Drinking beer.
(8) The Mom came to visit this past weekend. Which explains #9.
(9) Frantic Hiding of Potentially Scandalous Things. Which was nearly undone by my accidentally opening a folder of um....inappropriate photos...on my home computer, while attempting to show The Mom photos of my trip to New York. OOPS.
(10) Drinking beer. (See #9).
(11) Making Lists that go too long.
(12) Being excited about the fact that Joe is moving here in ONE WEEK from today. WOW!!!
So there it is. My list of excuses for today. I will be putting some photos on the blog here soon. Hopefully. I need to document the level of CRAP in my house. That for some reason, I am moving. But also I am donating lots of stuff to the Goodwill and the Humane Society and schools, and to whomever will take said crap.
p.s. Can y'all believe it's already AUGUST? Craziness.
Shameful.
But....
(Are you ready? That was the cue for the excuses to begin)
In order to make things...orderly, I will be formulating this saga into a list. So here we go!:
Top 10 Reasons I Have Not Blogged Since July 28th:
(1) I had an Open House on the 29th, which was a Mega Time Sucker, since I spent all day sitting in some stranger's living room, looking at family photos of people I've never met, and generally trying to make sure I didn't spill my bottled water on their really nice brown leather furniture. All of this, for a grand total of ONE person to show up, who wasn't actually there to see the house, but needed help getting out of the subdivision because her car broke down and she figured a realtor would know how the hell to get out of this monster slice of suburbia, back to a Wal-Mart.
(2) August has arrived, which makes me want to sit on my couch and watch Hocus Pocus and fondle yarn and pretend that it's not NINETY EIGHT THOUSAND DEGREES outside and that autumn is, in actuality, just around the corner and the leaves are just on the verge of changing. Even though we have nothing but pines and palm trees here, neither of which turns colors. Except in a drought. And dingy pine tree brown isn't so much of a lovely fall color.
(3) I have been sewing. Wow. I'm trying to get sewing projects finished and out the door, so I don't have to move them to the new house. Which brings up the next one....
(4) I have been packing. And purging crap out of my house. Because y'all, in case you don't know, I am MOVING. NEXT WEEK.
(5) Also I have been involved in an amazing transformation, nay, a Metamorphosis. Which I call "Hausfrauification". Which involves much sitting and staring at the furniture, as I contemplate Important Things ranging from (a) What Color Should The Slipcovers Be In The New House?, to (b) Where Shall We Put The Bookcases In The New House?, to (c) What Shall I Cook In The New Crock-Pot In The New House? This Metamorphosis requires much time and planning, and drawing of floor plans for potential furniture placements.
(6) Knitting. And watching Miss Marple mysteries on the teevee.
(7) Drinking beer.
(8) The Mom came to visit this past weekend. Which explains #9.
(9) Frantic Hiding of Potentially Scandalous Things. Which was nearly undone by my accidentally opening a folder of um....inappropriate photos...on my home computer, while attempting to show The Mom photos of my trip to New York. OOPS.
(10) Drinking beer. (See #9).
(11) Making Lists that go too long.
(12) Being excited about the fact that Joe is moving here in ONE WEEK from today. WOW!!!
So there it is. My list of excuses for today. I will be putting some photos on the blog here soon. Hopefully. I need to document the level of CRAP in my house. That for some reason, I am moving. But also I am donating lots of stuff to the Goodwill and the Humane Society and schools, and to whomever will take said crap.
p.s. Can y'all believe it's already AUGUST? Craziness.

2 Comments:
I just love that your top ten lists are never ten items long. Way to break through artificial constraints and be your own individuized person!
Also love that beer's on there twice. :)
You know, this has been big year for both of us...I guess when the time is ripe for things to happen, they HAPPEN.
Post a Comment
<< Home