Thirsty Thursday
Well, as could be expected, life is very busy at Chez Kelli this week. But! Progress is being made. We are now in the middle of negotiations on the housing situation, hopefully to be resolved today.
Also, I may be taking tomorrow off to drive to Hotlanta with Joe, so that we can look at vehicles for him. I would have the (somewhat intimidating) honor of driving this new vehicle back to Savannah, since Joe has a rental car and I'm not on the rental agreement.
So! That's exciting stuff.
Joe leaves to go back to Germany on Sunday. I'm doing an Open House that afternoon (good defense against Empty House Syndrome). He'll be coming back mid-August, and between now and then, I will be purging my sewing room, closets, kitchen, and every other part of my home in order to get things packed up. That way, when Joe gets here in August, my life will be in boxes and we can move them into the new house. :D
Last night Joe and I had a Sushi Gorge-A-Thon. It wasn't pretty. Especially for the fish. We were both so stuffed that by the time we got home, neither of us could move off the couch. Sushi-coma I guess. So we watched Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (on tape, since i now have no cable) and attempted digestion.
In the middle of a rousing game of Log Drop, I heard a sound coming from one of my houseplants, which is, needless to say, rather unusual. Thinking it was a bug that had snuck into my little house, I was immediately on High Alert. But after looking carefully at the plant for a minute, I could see what made the noise - a tiny little baby green lizard! He was 2 inches long, max, and 1/2 of that was tail. He was so tiny! I got Joe up, and he carried the plant outside while I went to find a tree branch to lure the little guy off the indoor plant. It worked. Animal Rescue Accomplished! (Diego would be so proud, don't you think Rachel?).
Oh, and also, this past weekend, we had a baby bird hiding out by the backyard fence. It apparently had fluttered/fallen out of its nest and was very small - looked too small to fly. It was a day that the heat index was well into the 100s, and we worried the little thing would die. He had found a little patch of shade, and was making noise, but no parents came around. So Joe went out with a straw and some water, and tried to give it some water, which it did drink a little bit. We sat inside and watched from the window, and were deciding whether we should adopt the thing, when Dad Bird came over and fed it. Then Mom Bird came by a few minutes later. We deduced that either (1) they had a lot of little nestlings to take care of all over the area and were dividing their time, or (2) they didn't know where he was until he chirped loudly enough. We left him there and when we came back a few hours later the little bird was gone. We were so proud. *sniff sniff* Maybe we should start our own tv show: Boring Animal Semi-Rescues.
Alright, back to the grind. More later!
Also, I may be taking tomorrow off to drive to Hotlanta with Joe, so that we can look at vehicles for him. I would have the (somewhat intimidating) honor of driving this new vehicle back to Savannah, since Joe has a rental car and I'm not on the rental agreement.
So! That's exciting stuff.
Joe leaves to go back to Germany on Sunday. I'm doing an Open House that afternoon (good defense against Empty House Syndrome). He'll be coming back mid-August, and between now and then, I will be purging my sewing room, closets, kitchen, and every other part of my home in order to get things packed up. That way, when Joe gets here in August, my life will be in boxes and we can move them into the new house. :D
Last night Joe and I had a Sushi Gorge-A-Thon. It wasn't pretty. Especially for the fish. We were both so stuffed that by the time we got home, neither of us could move off the couch. Sushi-coma I guess. So we watched Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (on tape, since i now have no cable) and attempted digestion.
In the middle of a rousing game of Log Drop, I heard a sound coming from one of my houseplants, which is, needless to say, rather unusual. Thinking it was a bug that had snuck into my little house, I was immediately on High Alert. But after looking carefully at the plant for a minute, I could see what made the noise - a tiny little baby green lizard! He was 2 inches long, max, and 1/2 of that was tail. He was so tiny! I got Joe up, and he carried the plant outside while I went to find a tree branch to lure the little guy off the indoor plant. It worked. Animal Rescue Accomplished! (Diego would be so proud, don't you think Rachel?).
Oh, and also, this past weekend, we had a baby bird hiding out by the backyard fence. It apparently had fluttered/fallen out of its nest and was very small - looked too small to fly. It was a day that the heat index was well into the 100s, and we worried the little thing would die. He had found a little patch of shade, and was making noise, but no parents came around. So Joe went out with a straw and some water, and tried to give it some water, which it did drink a little bit. We sat inside and watched from the window, and were deciding whether we should adopt the thing, when Dad Bird came over and fed it. Then Mom Bird came by a few minutes later. We deduced that either (1) they had a lot of little nestlings to take care of all over the area and were dividing their time, or (2) they didn't know where he was until he chirped loudly enough. We left him there and when we came back a few hours later the little bird was gone. We were so proud. *sniff sniff* Maybe we should start our own tv show: Boring Animal Semi-Rescues.
Alright, back to the grind. More later!

1 Comments:
Forget Diego, you guys are the German equivalent of Steve Irwin. . .
Ist sie prächtig nicht!!
Die giftigste Eidechse im savanna
Post a Comment
<< Home