Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Update!

So my little ones. Hope everyone is having a nice week.

Mine has been interesting - up and down, exciting and...not so exciting.

So here, for your reading pleasure (or boredom, as the case may be) is:

The Week In Review!

First, let me just say: the J-O-B? ANNOYING. I am now actively looking for a new job, since I have officially HAD IT with all the STUPIDITY and boss-related UNDERWEAR in the FLOOR. My dear sister has done wonders helping me revise my resume. And I feel very grown up now, having a full 2 page resume! Very exciting stuff! Makes me look...professional and busy and things! Job applications will be worked on fastidiously this weekend. Wish me luck.

Moving on....

Secondly. Joe is in Germany. Only for a few days though, for a conference thing. I felt bad for him until I found out it was going to be at a resort. Now I'm kinda jealous. But the jet lag will NOT be fun. He'll be back on Sunday. And as a side note, let me just say how amazing it is that a person can get so used to life changes so quickly. It felt so strange to come home to an empty house on Wednesday.

But while he's gone....

The unpacking will commence big time. Hopefully. I think I'm going to have to start putting myself on a strict unpacking schedule, because I was supposed to be unpacking since Wednesday evening. How many boxes have I unpacked, you ask? Um........none.

Moving on.

The neighborhood kitties are darling. I particularly am enjoying the company of the orange one, whom I have not yet named, but am thinking of 'Jack.' Not really sure why, but it's a cute name. Jack has tremendous abilities to sit on stuff. Yesterday he was sitting on my car. Two days ago I went outside to enjoy the monsterously large backyard (must have a party!) and I looked up, and saw Jack.

Sitting on the ROOF. Not on the gutter, not on the edge. On the TOP of the HOUSE. Just hanging out and relaxing. I tried to get a picture but my camera battery died right as I snapped a picture.

Apparently Jack climbs onto the house by jumping up onto the fence and climbing up from there. Very cute. I like the idea of a cat sitting on top of the house, kinda like Snoopy except....cuter. And slightly weirder.

Forthly (or is it fifthly already?), we apparently have very helpful neighbors. The gate leading into the backyard is patiently waiting for a handyman hired by the landlord to be reattached to the rest of the fence, but it hasn't yet happened. So with the imminent arrival of Senor Ernesto, la Tormenta Tropical, I decided to take the gate and lay it flat on the ground, thus preventing it from paying a visit to my kitchen via the windows. I went out that night and carefully laid it flat. The next morning, I was leaving for work and noticed that some kind (?) person had set it back up. I guess they thought it had accidentally fallen down. But I didn't want it up. So I had to go back out that morning, in my work clothes and with my girly product-filled hair, in the RAIN, and lay it back down on the ground.

It stayed there. Guess the neighbors figured it out.

Guess I can set it upright again now, huh?

Which brings me to Topic The Next: the aforementioned Ernesto. He dumped a bit of rain on us (meaning a torrent at 4 am that woke ME up, which is seriously impressive considering how sound a sleeper I am), but didn't do much of anything else. Skies were clear by the afternoon and there was no flooding or anything. Which is great for us! But not so great for North Carolina. And Virginia. Sorry Rachel!

So this weekend should be exciting - Joe gets in on Sunday afternoon, Monday is Labor Day, and it's officially SEPTEMBER. Which means that The Knitting can begin in earnest! I have new yarn, multiple projects to consider, and itchy fingers.

And a zillion boxes to unpack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home