Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, August 13, 2007

Blue Monday

Hi everyone.

It's Monday today, if only for another hour and 15 minutes. It's felt like a Monday today, I must say.

This weekend was pretty good, although still VERY quiet without Joe here! On Friday I watched CSI. :) And knitted, and well, what else? Not much.

Saturday I went to the beach with Elizabeth and 2 of her former roommates visiting from DC. Thankfully it wasn't too miserably hot, although it wasn't quite comfortable enough to knit. :) We didn't see any dolphins though, but it was a nice day. We had dinner at the Crab Shack and then I came home. For more CSI.

Sunday morning I slept late and then went to browse at the fabric store. Came back to the house, worked on some crafting projects, and....watched CSI.

Seriously, at this point, I should be a forensics EXPERT. Help me, because I am addicted. Joe knew this would happen - normally I try to curb the CSI hankerings while he's around, because he can't take much more than 1 episode at once. Me? I *heart* those CSI marathons. 6 hours straight! Woo hoo! Talk to me, Warrick! Teach me about insects, Gil!

Tonight was knitting night at the cafe. I got to show off my gorgeous yarn I bought in Canada (picture forthcoming) and also worked on my new sweater which is coming along VERY slowly. The CSI helps, really. It's a kind of boring pattern, and having the murderous distractions is nice.

Joe is doing fine on his trip, and called me yesterday to say hi. He put his niece on the phone and she talked to me in German and English - she's learned several phrases in English already. And she has the sweetest little soft voice. So cute!

He was visiting his family in Bavaria just for the weekend and is back in Berlin now, working away. Only 2 more weeks and he'll be back in Georgia, hopefully to relax a bit! Might have to make him a cobbler for his return!

Today I went to see an orthopedic surgeon about my creaky knees. I have something long and complicated to spell, but it's basically a cartilage issue in my knees. The doctor said it's very common, and I exhibit the textbook symptoms for it. He's putting me on an anti-inflammatory and I start physical therapy on Thursday. The theory is that the muscles around my kneecap can be developed so that the knee is stronger. The creaking won't stop (guess I'll never be a ninja) but at least it should stop the pain I have walking up and down steps. It was reassuring to hear that it's a common issue and that they can start my therapy so soon. Hopefully it'll help - I was getting a bit concerned about my knees feeling weak when we were hiking on vacation.

Am I old enough to be falling apart already?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO! You are NOT falling apart and you're NOT OLD! 'Cause if you're old, where does that leave me, the elderly elder sister?

I have a confession to make. I have never watched CSI Anywhere. I know, I know. I'm deprived of all the good things in live. Mind you, my lack of experience does not keep me from writing screenplays for the show. :)

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home