Updates and Stuff
Just found out yesterday that Joe's company is sending him to Germany for 3 weeks. Starting on Sunday. Surprise! Get going, buster! He's packing up and getting ready to go. I'm settling in and getting ready to knit. Hey! Speaking of knitting, check this out:
Cute, right? It's a little baby hoodie sweater. I knitted it before the trip for Joe's sister Sigrid's new baby. The baby, Helena, was born while we were gone on our trip, so I was very pleased I had finished it ahead of time and sent it off.
TOO BAD THE STUPID POST OFFICE LOST IT.
It's been a month now and they still haven't gotten it yet. It took a month for them to deliver my mom's birthday present ALL THE WAY to North Carolina. WHAT IS THE DEAL, USPS? I refuse to buy insurance, because is that not negative reinforcement? Am I not saying that by spending $30 (!!!) on insurance for the package that you may not lose it, but if I don't buy the insurance it doesn't matter if it gets lost? Are we not entrusting you with the labor of our hands, Mailman? Do you not respect the fruit of our work? Does the time spent and the hand cramping mean nothing to you, postal worker?
Sigh.
So I'm making something else for Joe to take with him in his suitcase. I'm only worried at this point that there will be a vacationing mailman on the same flight who will rifle through Joe's luggage to find the new gift and toss it out the airplane window. Even though airplane windows don't roll down. Normally.
So anyway, all of that to say that it's almost 11 pm and I have a class to teach tomorrow morning, so I'm not going to blog about the trip tonight. I'll have plenty of time to do that when Joe's gone, right?
Also, on a totally separate note:
Walking to my car today after work (I walk through the ER parking lot to get to my car) I saw a young mother with a baby in a carrier over one arm trying to also push a 3 year old boy in a stroller. I stopped and asked her if she needed help - she said yes, the boy had a very bad fever. So I pushed the stroller for her into the ER. Awww...that's what we're all about at my J-O-B. Customer Service. I felt nice about my good deed. So then after I walk out of the ER, smiling to myself about how philanthropic I am, I take a shortcut through some landscaping at the parking lot, a grassy area surrounded by a low concrete curb. And promptly fall on my face.
Apparently I have lost the ability to walk. Hope security got a good laugh out of it. I know I did!
Time for bed now. Ta ta for now!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home