Martha Martha Martha!
Something scary is happening.
I have started to watch the Martha Stewart show. And enjoying it. And thinking occasionally "Hmmm....maybe I should write that down so I won't forget that pie crust ingredients should be mixed while really cold."
Scary.
What is the deal? I think it's some deep-seated, I'm about to turn 30 desire to be some kind of modern Domestic Goddess. Am thinking that perhaps I should make an apron to wear around the house while cleaning. One that's bright and cheerful and has a ruffle on it. And garden in high heels.
And then I look at my couch. 6 library books, 4 pieces of Halloween candy, and 2 knitting projects all jumbled together in one big chocolate coated, literate, tangled glob.
And suddenly gardening in high heels just doesn't seem worth the effort.
So on that note, here is the Thought For The Day:
Maturity is for boring people.
I have started to watch the Martha Stewart show. And enjoying it. And thinking occasionally "Hmmm....maybe I should write that down so I won't forget that pie crust ingredients should be mixed while really cold."
Scary.
What is the deal? I think it's some deep-seated, I'm about to turn 30 desire to be some kind of modern Domestic Goddess. Am thinking that perhaps I should make an apron to wear around the house while cleaning. One that's bright and cheerful and has a ruffle on it. And garden in high heels.
And then I look at my couch. 6 library books, 4 pieces of Halloween candy, and 2 knitting projects all jumbled together in one big chocolate coated, literate, tangled glob.
And suddenly gardening in high heels just doesn't seem worth the effort.
So on that note, here is the Thought For The Day:
Maturity is for boring people.

2 Comments:
i know who it is...
oh, i meant this comment for the EPT post
Post a Comment
<< Home