I Passed!
So! For all of you out there keeping track, I passed my real estate exam yesterday. Go team! I didn't ace the thing (again) and have decided to blame it on the lax quality of the CD-Rom course that I used. Yeah, that's it. They didn't cover any of that Georgia-specific crap in the coursework.
But I digress. The important thing is, I passed it, and now I can apply for my license, and then start on a new career of non-DJ-craziness and actually being able to go out with my friends on the weekends and not having to deal with drunk jackasses who try to flatter me while requesting that I play Sexual Healing. Which I won't. SO! Hooray for life progress!
And this is the great thing: I didn't realize how much of a latent pressure this whole exam process was putting on me. Yesterday afternoon after I finished the test and knew I had passed, I felt so relieved! It was incredible! I actually knitted last night for the first time in weeks!
Because knitting is apparently part of my well-being barometer or something.
Also, I started back up on some sewing projects that were sitting there, looking at me piteously, wondering why I was ignoring them. Not anymore! I am Super Kelli! Look out, stupid small day-to-day tasks! I'm on a rampage!
Thus I have decided that I will be de-cluttering my house over the next 5 weeks. I have too much crap. I don't need a lot of it, and it's just sitting there collecting dust. Also, I may reward myself by purchasing one of FlyLady's ostrich feather dusters, which I have been pining after for about 2 years now. They're $15. So of course I can't splurge on that! Even though I spent that much on alcohol in the past week. But that's beside the point.
So I hear some of you asking: Why 5 weeks for this cleaning campaign? What an odd choice of timing. Whassup wit dat?
So I answer: Because in exactly five weeks from today, I will be boarding a plane to EUROPE to visit JOE and eat some currywurst and Emmentaler cheese. And I would like to have a nice clean, clutter free home to come back to, because if y'all haven't seen German people's homes, let me tell you. They're beautiful. Clean, simple, elegant, non-cluttered, and just classic and classy. And every time I go to visit Joe and I see his apartment and the apartments of his family members, I always come away with this feeling of "god, I wish my house looked like THAT!". So then why doesn't it?
3 Words: paper, dust-collectors, and yarn. Not that those things in themselves are bad (especially the yarn!). It's just that my organizational abilities just can't keep up with the demand for space. I need to downsize, people. Big time.
So! That's my long boring description of pretty much nothing. Hope you enjoyed.
On a different note, Joe got back to Germany just fine, although delayed and very jet-lagged. The airline gorillas messed up his boarding passes, so he couldn't get on the plane to London he was supposed to take, so he ended up staying overnight in DC and flying out yesterday. He got into Berlin today early. Tired, but safe. And that's the important thing.
So that's about it for me right now. It's back to a regular schedule for me for a few weeks (FIVE, to be exact!). It's been fun having so much going on the past few weeks (actually the past almost 4 weeks!) and I will miss having people in my house. Except when I have to pee and they're in the bathroom.
But I digress. The important thing is, I passed it, and now I can apply for my license, and then start on a new career of non-DJ-craziness and actually being able to go out with my friends on the weekends and not having to deal with drunk jackasses who try to flatter me while requesting that I play Sexual Healing. Which I won't. SO! Hooray for life progress!
And this is the great thing: I didn't realize how much of a latent pressure this whole exam process was putting on me. Yesterday afternoon after I finished the test and knew I had passed, I felt so relieved! It was incredible! I actually knitted last night for the first time in weeks!
Because knitting is apparently part of my well-being barometer or something.
Also, I started back up on some sewing projects that were sitting there, looking at me piteously, wondering why I was ignoring them. Not anymore! I am Super Kelli! Look out, stupid small day-to-day tasks! I'm on a rampage!
Thus I have decided that I will be de-cluttering my house over the next 5 weeks. I have too much crap. I don't need a lot of it, and it's just sitting there collecting dust. Also, I may reward myself by purchasing one of FlyLady's ostrich feather dusters, which I have been pining after for about 2 years now. They're $15. So of course I can't splurge on that! Even though I spent that much on alcohol in the past week. But that's beside the point.
So I hear some of you asking: Why 5 weeks for this cleaning campaign? What an odd choice of timing. Whassup wit dat?
So I answer: Because in exactly five weeks from today, I will be boarding a plane to EUROPE to visit JOE and eat some currywurst and Emmentaler cheese. And I would like to have a nice clean, clutter free home to come back to, because if y'all haven't seen German people's homes, let me tell you. They're beautiful. Clean, simple, elegant, non-cluttered, and just classic and classy. And every time I go to visit Joe and I see his apartment and the apartments of his family members, I always come away with this feeling of "god, I wish my house looked like THAT!". So then why doesn't it?
3 Words: paper, dust-collectors, and yarn. Not that those things in themselves are bad (especially the yarn!). It's just that my organizational abilities just can't keep up with the demand for space. I need to downsize, people. Big time.
So! That's my long boring description of pretty much nothing. Hope you enjoyed.
On a different note, Joe got back to Germany just fine, although delayed and very jet-lagged. The airline gorillas messed up his boarding passes, so he couldn't get on the plane to London he was supposed to take, so he ended up staying overnight in DC and flying out yesterday. He got into Berlin today early. Tired, but safe. And that's the important thing.
So that's about it for me right now. It's back to a regular schedule for me for a few weeks (FIVE, to be exact!). It's been fun having so much going on the past few weeks (actually the past almost 4 weeks!) and I will miss having people in my house. Except when I have to pee and they're in the bathroom.

1 Comments:
My friend Sarah just introduced me to the most marvelous thing - you should see if Savannah has a similar list. It's called Freecycle and it's an Internet groupd that exchanges stuff. For example: I post that I have a table I don't want. And then someone who wants my table COMES AND PICKS IT UP. Isn't that amazing?
The only problem with this method is that I have the almost overwhelming urge to go pick up stuff myself. Which I supress.
Post a Comment
<< Home