Am I a bad person?
Ok, so I just did a kind of assholish thing just now - something that has been done to me, but I have never been cruel enough to do back to someone else. But I just did. I feel a little bad about it. But not bad enough NOT to do it.
I just did a last minute bid on eBay. On an auction that some poor soul had been bidding on for a week now, and probably thought she had it in the bag. And I waited til there was only 2 minutes left and bid 50 cents more and won.
But I NEEDED it. It was a knitting magazine (actually it was a group of magazines). With a fantastic sweater in it. But it was in a back issue, and the publisher had a copy of the back issue, but wanted to charge (a) $7 for the magazine, and (b) FIVE DOLLARS SHIPPING. Now, this is not some humongous magazine that weighs 6 pounds. Nor is it made of diamonds and therefore needing to be insured. There is no logical reason for this magazine to cost $5 to ship, or $12 total. So I refused to pay it. And went on ebay instead.
And spent more than $12.
BUT! Instead of ONE magazine costing $12, I got SIX magazines for less than $3 each! So I'm SAVING money! Really!
Plus, I REALLY NEED THIS SWEATER.
I just did a last minute bid on eBay. On an auction that some poor soul had been bidding on for a week now, and probably thought she had it in the bag. And I waited til there was only 2 minutes left and bid 50 cents more and won.
But I NEEDED it. It was a knitting magazine (actually it was a group of magazines). With a fantastic sweater in it. But it was in a back issue, and the publisher had a copy of the back issue, but wanted to charge (a) $7 for the magazine, and (b) FIVE DOLLARS SHIPPING. Now, this is not some humongous magazine that weighs 6 pounds. Nor is it made of diamonds and therefore needing to be insured. There is no logical reason for this magazine to cost $5 to ship, or $12 total. So I refused to pay it. And went on ebay instead.
And spent more than $12.
BUT! Instead of ONE magazine costing $12, I got SIX magazines for less than $3 each! So I'm SAVING money! Really!
Plus, I REALLY NEED THIS SWEATER.

1 Comments:
Honey, you're not evil. You're just playing the ebay game. If somebody's stupid enough to bid two weeks out and expect to get whatever it is they want, it's their loss.
Post a Comment
<< Home