Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Friday, April 14, 2006

Oh Friday finally!

Good news: It's Friday.

Better news: I don't have to work at Wet Willies tonight.

Best news: It's Easter, which means there is SO. MUCH. CHOCOLATE. Just waiting in the store for me to love it and take it home and make it my own. Oh chocolate, I will love you and hug you and squeeze you and call you "Jiggle Hips."

But not working tonight is good. Means I can work on things at home. Like picking up the copious amounts of pinecones in my yard. Apparently all of the pine trees in the neighborhood had cone diarrhea in my yard. Pleasant. Actually, it's quite scenic and rustic looking. Which means that every enterprising 10 year old boy in my neighborhood feels free to wake me up at 9 am on a Saturday to ask if I want them to rake the yard.

No. I don't. Thanks. I like my pinecones. Dammit.

But seriously, I had like, 3,000,745 pinecones in my yard. I've already picked up SIX garbage bags full. And there's more to go. SO. Will do some of that tonight after work perhaps.

Joe, being the brilliant creature that he is, had a plan for the pinecones. "Save some and burn them in the chiminea!" I, not being quite so brilliant, asked "Do pinecones burn?" Because, you know, they're made out of wood or something, so why would the burn? Wood doesn't burn, does it? Der dum dee dee dum. Mainly dum.

Sweenyways, I now have 3 garbage bags of pinecones on reserve in the Party Shed. Just waiting for a nice non-gnat/mosquito/palmetto bug night to be burned. Maybe tonight....

After other chores.

And after I post photos. Because some of you think I lead an interesting life and am prone to having cool photos of crap that happens to me.

News Flash, y'all. NOTHING EXCITING IS HAPPENING. Well, there ARE exciting things. But none that I can really take photos of. Not physical tangible photo-op sorts of things. Not really.

Speaking of getting photos taken, I actually need to get my headshot for work taken. Glamour-puss realtor, that's me! In preparation, and being the cheapskate I am, I cut my own hair the other day. This is a great bennie of having long hair - no one can really tell when you cut your hair, they can just tell it somehow looks slightly healthier. Which was the goal. Perhaps someday I'll cut it all off. Or shave it, and get a big blue dragon tattooed on my head. Hmmm....
Would save money on shampoo.

Time for lunch. Might go get a Reese's peanut butter egg for lunch. YUM. We *heart* you, Easter Bunny!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, peanut butter eggs. We bought some chocolate reeses pieces cookie dough from a kid selling it for a fundraiser. I chose that one because I was certain it doesn't have tree nuts. I'll be danged if we didn't discover a peanut allergy before we got our order. I suppose it would be cruel for the rest of the family to eat cookies and leave Leah out. I'll make her some chocolate chip ones. Not tonight, though. She's had enough chocolate for one day and Audrey's not feeling great.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home