Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fireworks, Margaritas, etc.

Hopefully everyone had a nice 4th of July. Mine was....interesting. I guess. Somewhat tiresome. Chris had a party at her house (fantastic bbq ribs, too many margaritas, and fireworks that we lit off in front of her house).

Blowing things up = fun.

But. It was not a super day in some ways. I wasn't in a great mood because (1) Joe wasn't here. More on that later. And (2) Germany lost to stupid stinky Italy in the World Cup semifinals. Stupid stinky butt-pinching face-licking Italians. Great. Now I'm going to have to root for Portugal today against France (although France will probably win that one), then hope that Portugal can whoop up on Italy. Sigh. It was a hard day. :( I didn't even feel like eating any potato salad. That's serious stuff, y'all. When I don't want potato salad, something is amiss.

I did mow though, yesterday morning. And tinkered with the lawnmower without breaking a fingernail. And felt very handy while working on said lawnmower with my pink screwdriver. hee hee. Not that I actually FIXED the sad little excuse for a puttering lawnmower that I have, but I felt rather official, pulling off parts and getting my hands dirty.

And it's a good thing I mowed yesterday (although I only did the front lawn and not the backyard, also known as the Wild Weed Preserve - it's rough back there). Why is it a good thing I mowed? Because Joe has gotten his passport, and rescheduled his flight, and is arriving in Savannah TOMORROW AFTERNOON. Yay! Unfortunately, he is still leaving on the same day as previously intended, so he'll only be here for 11 days and not 18. But we'll take what we can get.

So much frantic cleaning will be taking place tonight at Chez Kelli. Must also go buy groceries. Big time. My fridge only has some old hollandaise sauce, some mustard, and some shredded cheese in it. Oh, and some PBR. Which Joe won't drink. ;) I'll save it for Amanda!

Alright, back to work. Have a nice 5th of July, everyone. And be careful - Mercury went into retrograde yesterday (might explain the emotional weirdness, n'est-ce pas?).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad those pink tools are coming in handy!

Wooohooo on Joe's arrival. I hope y'all have a good time together!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mercury in retrograde? Great. My Gemini hubby always feel it. In a bad way.

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home