Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Beginning of....The Beginning.

So. Y'all. Today is a momentous day.

Joe is on a plane (without snakes!), flying over the Atlantic as we speak. Or as I type. You know what I mean. He's on his way here. For good. He is MOVING here. Right now.

I am beside myself.

Can you believe it? All this time of being apart is finally coming to an end. I'm so excited I could spit.

He gets here at about 6:30 (depending on whether United in Dulles can get their act together and actually get the flights out on time - hopefully they didn't read what I wrote about them last time). I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, just in case they mess up like they did last time, when Joe's luggage got here a full 18 hours before he did. But I digress...

We get the keys to the new house tomorrow and start moving in tomorrow evening. Wow! I will be taking plenty of photos of our progress and our new home.

******************

So! On Thursday, in honor of Rachel's birthday, I went to give blood at the Red Cross. I took a picture of my arm afterwards, but because of those who are sensitive and a bit squeamish, I refrained from putting it here. They gave me a coupon for a free Taco Bell taco, and a free Chik-Fil-A sandwich, and cookies and juice. I'm also entered into 2 drawings, one for a $1000 gift card and one for a trip to somewhere (I forgot to look - guess it doesn't matter where, as long as I win something, right?). See? Giving blood is great! You get free stuff! AND the warm fuzzies knowing that you saved up to 3 people's lives!

So go give blood! They're in desperate need!


******************

This past weekend I spent a lot of time packing. And being amazed. Because there is SO MUCH crap I have saved for some reason. It was bad. 5 year old paystubs? Not necessary to my life. I am throwing away SO MUCH STUFF. Which is awesome. Because, thank you FlyLady, I am free to clean out my life and know that I don't need that stuff! :D

So! For everyone's entertainment (and a dose of humility for yours truly), here is another list.

Top 5 Weird and/or Embarrassing Things I Found While Packing (other than aforementioned 5 year old paystubs):

(1) Russian homework. From 5 years ago. Xopowo!

(2) Photos of friends from graduation. High school graduation.

(3) One Rollerblade. Just one.

(4) My Blue Alien Roadtrip Hat. Woo hoo! Time to take a trip!

(5) Blow gun darts.


(6) 2 dozen eyeball cups. Don't ask.

So! The shed is cleaned out now, purged of all crap. And the guest room, and the living room, sewing room, and kitchen. Also? The yard is mowed. Both back & front. wow.

So things are ready to start moving, which is good, since I am now at that point where I don't have room to pack anymore because there are boxes EVERYWHERE.

Starting tomorrow, we should be able to move things into the new house. WOW. :D

Ok, back to tracking Joe's flight, and it's time for lunch too. Must go eat something, even though I'm too excited to eat.

Have a lovely day, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home