Week in Review (again!)
Yes, yes, it's been a LOONG time since I posted last. Sorry. Things are progressing here and I keep getting lazy about putting photos online, so I've been negligent with the blogging. My apologies!
So here is the Update of My New Life And So On:
(1) Joe got back from his trip to Germany just fine. Although he couldn't bring any schnapps with him with the terrorists blowing up liquids. Damn.
(2) Joe's stuff got here on Friday, in a 40 foot container that came here on one of those big container ships. Cool. We're still unpacking his stuff and trying to find places for all of the following: (a) 2,437 glasses of various stylings, (b) our combined 1,243 dishes, (c) 298 bookshelves in various faux-wood finishes, and (d) two Drinky People's hefty and impressive combined collections of alcohol. We need to have a party. A big drinky party where people smash glasses in the fireplace.
(3) The J-O-B is still annoying. Am still applying for jobs.
(4) I have made a very Big Girl decision and am putting my realtor license on inactive status. It kinda sucks, because I've poured a lot of money into the whole thing, but there are several good reasons, namely: (a) the real estate market is tanking BIG TIME in this country, as we speak, and no additional amount of advertising money that I throw at it will change the economic downturn, and (b) I don't want to give up my evenings and weekends now that Joe is here. When he was in Germany and I needed to make money ASAP to pay off the debt so I could move there, it was a good idea. Now that he's here and we aren't under that kind of pressure, it seems stupid to spend my free time working and not doing fun stuff with him and other friends. So I'm folding it in (temporarily) although I have a gut feeling I won't ever make it active again. But never say never! It feels so good to make a decision that's based on what *I* want instead of what I think others expect of me. Very liberating. And also very liberating from the guilt of knowing I'm supposed to be doing something that I'm not (like Open Houses or advertising or schmoozing).
(5) Nordic Walking! Go to About.com and type in Nordic Walking, and check it out! Joe got me some poles in Germany and I've been really enjoying the Nordic Walking in the evenings through our pretty neighborhood. I even got myself some new walking shoes to spoil my little piggie toes who were smooshed in my other worn-out sneakers.
(6) The weather is finally turning cool. FINALLY. For now. It's getting down into the high 60s at night, and it's just gorgeous. Singing tree frogs, clear skies and stars, just cool enough to wear long sleeves. Perfect.
(7) Because of the cooling weather, or perhaps because of the promise of a new life and new serenity (the peace kind, not the pees kind), I have pulled out my knitting needles and am working on some more serious knitting (more than cotton squares - which have been the Knitting du Jour lately). I'm working on a sweater for my sister (from last xmas - oops), am designing a new sweater for myself, and am starting to plan my holiday charity knitting, which will either be for little impoverished children or animals in shelters. We'll see. But also, and I'm kinda embarrassed to even tell you about this, I'm making.......legwarmers. For myself. Because I am a child of the 80's and I NEED legwarmers. Green ones with cables down the front. To wear Nordic Walking maybe. Or to work....
(8) I have photos. Of the poles, of me walking, of the new shoes, of the tree frogs, of the toads that hang out on the sidewalks after dark, of the unpacking, of the rearranged furniture, of the general cacophony that is my life right now. It's great. I'm enjoying it so much. It makes me feel strangely unsettled but at peace at the same time, you know? Wonderful.
Well, I'd better get moving toward the house. Joe is making schashlik (shish-kebabs) for dinner, and I want to get home in time to get in a little Nordic Walking before dinner. Also, our Direct TV got hooked up and now we have the History Channel. Life is so sweet.
So here is the Update of My New Life And So On:
(1) Joe got back from his trip to Germany just fine. Although he couldn't bring any schnapps with him with the terrorists blowing up liquids. Damn.
(2) Joe's stuff got here on Friday, in a 40 foot container that came here on one of those big container ships. Cool. We're still unpacking his stuff and trying to find places for all of the following: (a) 2,437 glasses of various stylings, (b) our combined 1,243 dishes, (c) 298 bookshelves in various faux-wood finishes, and (d) two Drinky People's hefty and impressive combined collections of alcohol. We need to have a party. A big drinky party where people smash glasses in the fireplace.
(3) The J-O-B is still annoying. Am still applying for jobs.
(4) I have made a very Big Girl decision and am putting my realtor license on inactive status. It kinda sucks, because I've poured a lot of money into the whole thing, but there are several good reasons, namely: (a) the real estate market is tanking BIG TIME in this country, as we speak, and no additional amount of advertising money that I throw at it will change the economic downturn, and (b) I don't want to give up my evenings and weekends now that Joe is here. When he was in Germany and I needed to make money ASAP to pay off the debt so I could move there, it was a good idea. Now that he's here and we aren't under that kind of pressure, it seems stupid to spend my free time working and not doing fun stuff with him and other friends. So I'm folding it in (temporarily) although I have a gut feeling I won't ever make it active again. But never say never! It feels so good to make a decision that's based on what *I* want instead of what I think others expect of me. Very liberating. And also very liberating from the guilt of knowing I'm supposed to be doing something that I'm not (like Open Houses or advertising or schmoozing).
(5) Nordic Walking! Go to About.com and type in Nordic Walking, and check it out! Joe got me some poles in Germany and I've been really enjoying the Nordic Walking in the evenings through our pretty neighborhood. I even got myself some new walking shoes to spoil my little piggie toes who were smooshed in my other worn-out sneakers.
(6) The weather is finally turning cool. FINALLY. For now. It's getting down into the high 60s at night, and it's just gorgeous. Singing tree frogs, clear skies and stars, just cool enough to wear long sleeves. Perfect.
(7) Because of the cooling weather, or perhaps because of the promise of a new life and new serenity (the peace kind, not the pees kind), I have pulled out my knitting needles and am working on some more serious knitting (more than cotton squares - which have been the Knitting du Jour lately). I'm working on a sweater for my sister (from last xmas - oops), am designing a new sweater for myself, and am starting to plan my holiday charity knitting, which will either be for little impoverished children or animals in shelters. We'll see. But also, and I'm kinda embarrassed to even tell you about this, I'm making.......legwarmers. For myself. Because I am a child of the 80's and I NEED legwarmers. Green ones with cables down the front. To wear Nordic Walking maybe. Or to work....
(8) I have photos. Of the poles, of me walking, of the new shoes, of the tree frogs, of the toads that hang out on the sidewalks after dark, of the unpacking, of the rearranged furniture, of the general cacophony that is my life right now. It's great. I'm enjoying it so much. It makes me feel strangely unsettled but at peace at the same time, you know? Wonderful.
Well, I'd better get moving toward the house. Joe is making schashlik (shish-kebabs) for dinner, and I want to get home in time to get in a little Nordic Walking before dinner. Also, our Direct TV got hooked up and now we have the History Channel. Life is so sweet.

1 Comments:
Pictures! I demand pictures! If I"m going to furtively check your blog during my class, I should at least be rewarded with photographic evidence of your unpacking, nordic walking, kayaking, etc. etc. I'm wasting away here as a pitiful graduate student and I count on YOU to have a life on my behalf AND let me know about it.
Post a Comment
<< Home