Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, January 29, 2007

Good news! Several times over!

Well, there is news to be shared.

Good news, don't worry. Well, good for me. Despite some budgeting issues at my job (related to trauma care and uninsured patients - not mismanagement of funds) I still have my job. Unfortunately others weren't as lucky, including several of my coworkers. We found out today and it was a challenging day to get through. I feel relieved that I still have my job, because I do like it a lot, but also a bit guilty for the fact that people who've worked there longer than I have didn't get to keep their jobs.

But. It isn't my decision to make. It was management's. And I am appreciative of the fact that I am still gainfully employed!

So. Ok. So that wasn't so upbeat. Sorry.

Now......for EXCITING NEWS! (Hope you're ready!)

I was contacted recently through www.savannahbest.com (for whom I write on occasion). A publishing company (a BIG one) who publishes textbooks for kids was looking for photos of Ebenezer Creek for a Georgia-focused Earth Science textbook. And whose article with photos should they find but MINE. And they loved the photo of Joe kayaking on the Ebenezer from a distance, and asked if they could PAY me to PUBLISH this photo in a textbook! And I get credit for it, and will then be a professional photographer (kinda)! How weird is that? I told Joe that this must be how people get discovered sometimes (not that I'm the next Ansel Adams or anything) . But I did something small, didn't really expect anything from it, and someone happened across it and wants to use it for something bigger than I had planned. It was completely beyond my control and nothing that I expected.

Plus, Joe is going to be famous. Heh.

And I am happy. Isn't that cool?

Let's see...what else is going on? OH RIGHT. My birthday is coming up fast. In ONE WEEK. I will be in my thirties, officially. Sigh. Am torn. Am glad that I'm not dealing with the alternative (ie. death) but also not sure I want to get older. I will be like cheese, and age beautifully. Hmmm....that's a good motto: Make like gouda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home