To 2006, A Year of Lots of Changes
Well! Hello everyone! Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy New Year! Ours was very nice, and yes, we have photos but no, I don't have them downloaded yet. I will be posting some though. It was nice to be able to spend the holiday with Joe - we haven't ever been together on Christmas before!
I'm home alone for the next 3 weeks, because Joe is in Germany visiting his family. He got there yesterday, and isn't returning til January 19th. What will I do here by myself!?!? I'll tell you - Lots of knitting, sewing, watching stupid tv shows, and lounging in my pjs. Miss you Joe!
And now, tis the end of the year, can you believe it? So much has happened this year! I'd like to take a few minutes to review all the awesome stuff that's happened over the past 12 months. And since it's been so long since I've blogged, we can also go over the stuff that's happened since I blogged last, which was about two weeks ago. Sorry. (How many times am I going to apologize for not blogging often enough? Must remember this for my New Year's Resolutions).
Ok. So! On to The Year In Review!
* Joe moved back to Savannah and we moved in together. This one still doesn't seem real. :) We have so much fun and enjoy the opportunity to see each other daily. Much nicer than only seeing each other every 5 months, I can tell you!
* I got a new job. Whew! I'm really liking my job and even though it's a bit intimidating to go from the comfort of a job where I knew exactly what to do, the challenges of a new job are very exciting. My brain is happy about it.
* We moved into a new house. This one is a biggie too. Major life changes this year, huh? Our new house is so pretty and I'm very happy feeling so yuppie-ish and burby. It's awesome to be in a bigger house with a fireplace and a dishwasher and I love living in a safer neighborhood. I still feel like a queen living in such a pretty house!
* I paid off several credit cards, and have lived well within my budget (except for mega car repairs, which kinda threw things off track, but that's ok). I'm still working to get all this crap paid down, but I feel much more in control of it and things are progressing nicely down the path of Debt Free Living. I also paid off another card this month. GO TEAM.
* I've lost some weight, about 8 lbs or so, and am working hard to eat better and exercise more.
* This year I've continued to try to live a more organized and clutter-free life, and moving in with Joe has helped that a LOT. I've downsized my clothing/yarn/fabric/book stashes, and continue to try to get everything more downsized and organized. Along the same vein, I'm focusing on fewer projects, and am doing only a few at a time. For example, I'm limiting myself to one sewing project and 2 knitting projects (1 complicated, 1 brainless) at a time. This is making a major difference in my normal feelings of being overwhelmed. Who knew it was so simple - do one thing til it's finished, THEN start a new thing. wow.
* I've taught myself some new skills this year. I've worked on improving my sewing and knitting skills, and am currently learning how to design & sew slipcovers (pictures to follow - I'm making a slipcover for the chair in the living room right now). I'm also experimenting with cooking new things, and feel more comfortable improvising in the kitchen.
* I think though, that one of the most important changes I've made this year is exactly that: learning to make changes! It's so easy to get bogged down in everyday life and decide not to change, simply because the status quo is so easy. But it's not easy in the long run, and it's hard to remember that sometimes - change may be difficult, but necessary! I'm trying hard to embrace the process of change and the joys that it can bring. Also, challenging myself is fun! :D
New Year's Resolutions for 2007:
So! Now on to my resolutions for the New Year! I don't have many, thankfully. They can be summed up in just a few brief ones:
* Continue to embrace change and take more risks!
* Simplify!
* Take life by the horns. ]8=)
So what are YOUR New Year's Resolutions??
I'm home alone for the next 3 weeks, because Joe is in Germany visiting his family. He got there yesterday, and isn't returning til January 19th. What will I do here by myself!?!? I'll tell you - Lots of knitting, sewing, watching stupid tv shows, and lounging in my pjs. Miss you Joe!
And now, tis the end of the year, can you believe it? So much has happened this year! I'd like to take a few minutes to review all the awesome stuff that's happened over the past 12 months. And since it's been so long since I've blogged, we can also go over the stuff that's happened since I blogged last, which was about two weeks ago. Sorry. (How many times am I going to apologize for not blogging often enough? Must remember this for my New Year's Resolutions).
Ok. So! On to The Year In Review!
* Joe moved back to Savannah and we moved in together. This one still doesn't seem real. :) We have so much fun and enjoy the opportunity to see each other daily. Much nicer than only seeing each other every 5 months, I can tell you!
* I got a new job. Whew! I'm really liking my job and even though it's a bit intimidating to go from the comfort of a job where I knew exactly what to do, the challenges of a new job are very exciting. My brain is happy about it.
* We moved into a new house. This one is a biggie too. Major life changes this year, huh? Our new house is so pretty and I'm very happy feeling so yuppie-ish and burby. It's awesome to be in a bigger house with a fireplace and a dishwasher and I love living in a safer neighborhood. I still feel like a queen living in such a pretty house!
* I paid off several credit cards, and have lived well within my budget (except for mega car repairs, which kinda threw things off track, but that's ok). I'm still working to get all this crap paid down, but I feel much more in control of it and things are progressing nicely down the path of Debt Free Living. I also paid off another card this month. GO TEAM.
* I've lost some weight, about 8 lbs or so, and am working hard to eat better and exercise more.
* This year I've continued to try to live a more organized and clutter-free life, and moving in with Joe has helped that a LOT. I've downsized my clothing/yarn/fabric/book stashes, and continue to try to get everything more downsized and organized. Along the same vein, I'm focusing on fewer projects, and am doing only a few at a time. For example, I'm limiting myself to one sewing project and 2 knitting projects (1 complicated, 1 brainless) at a time. This is making a major difference in my normal feelings of being overwhelmed. Who knew it was so simple - do one thing til it's finished, THEN start a new thing. wow.
* I've taught myself some new skills this year. I've worked on improving my sewing and knitting skills, and am currently learning how to design & sew slipcovers (pictures to follow - I'm making a slipcover for the chair in the living room right now). I'm also experimenting with cooking new things, and feel more comfortable improvising in the kitchen.
* I think though, that one of the most important changes I've made this year is exactly that: learning to make changes! It's so easy to get bogged down in everyday life and decide not to change, simply because the status quo is so easy. But it's not easy in the long run, and it's hard to remember that sometimes - change may be difficult, but necessary! I'm trying hard to embrace the process of change and the joys that it can bring. Also, challenging myself is fun! :D
New Year's Resolutions for 2007:
So! Now on to my resolutions for the New Year! I don't have many, thankfully. They can be summed up in just a few brief ones:
* Continue to embrace change and take more risks!
* Simplify!
* Take life by the horns. ]8=)
So what are YOUR New Year's Resolutions??

4 Comments:
What a year! I was right there the whole time and still didn't realize what a mega-year it was for you until you listed it all.
My TWO resolutions this year:
Be healthy
Entertain more
Of course there are lots of subheadings under those main headings, but that's it in a nutshell.
i wish i were in savanah
Though it was tough a lot of times, I think '06 proved fruitful to you in the end, yes? Very nice. I hope the bounty continues for you in Aught Seven. :-}
As for me, I have resolved to finally become *bionic,* or at least do my damnedest to (neh neh neh neh neehhh...all hail Lindsay Wagner-LOL, amazing what captures our fascination as children, eh?)
Anyway, I mean to rebuild myself (I have the technology), better, stronger, faster in body, soul, and mind. (Man, I'm gonna need a lot of protein, and probably a lot of deep tissue massage, along with some serious nappy time...).
Ah well, it's all in the spirit of health, strengh, and balance, eh?
schwweeet! I'm gonna go get started...
ciao!
:-}
My New Year's Resolution is to GET PUBLISHED.
And write in my journal at least three times a week.
And survive three more terms of PhD work.
Dear goddess, it looks really intimidating when I list it like that!
Post a Comment
<< Home