And the Universe answers back!
Hello everyone. Hope all of you are having a lovely Friday. Except for Amanda, who, being in New Zealand, is probably well into Saturday already. So Happy Saturday, Amanda!
Life here is progressing at breakneck speed. Am disconcerted by the fact that I must be getting old, seeing as time truly is flying. I disapprove of this, and am conducting experiments to slow time down.
But good news! Throwing things out to the universe is great, but even better when the universe throws things back at you! As all of you know, I have been obsessively depressed and manic about my financial situation. I've been trying to put things in place to start making more money. And the weirdest thing happened:
IT'S STARTING TO WORK.
Yesterday, the guy I DJ for (he owns the DJ equipment) called to tell me he's getting some more gigs here in town and will be setting them up this weekend. He said "you can have your choice of which ones you want, if you want them!" Um, yeah, I do! It's annoying dealing with drunkards, but I get to sit there and read books (and do German vocabulary) and make money simultaneously. Sweet. I also am apparently now the steady Friday and Saturday night DJ. Which is good. My German is getting a lot better! :)
Then today, I get an email from the editor of the website that I write for (www.savannahbest.com - WARNING - it has music!). She put up the two most recent articles I wrote for her, and asked for my home address, because starting with the two articles I just sent, she's GOING TO START PAYING ME TO WRITE.
WOW. I am a paid writer. This is amazing.
Keep it coming, universe!
On a totally unrelated note, my sister and I are responsible for cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year (at my mom's in NC). That'll be fun. We did it once before, and got the brilliant idea of using dental floss to tie the turkey's legs together. That, um, doesn't work. But it did leave a nice mint flavoring. LOL. Just kidding - we just had plain ol' non-flavored dental floss. But it is a thought. They do make cinnamon, after all.
I'll have to check and see what Martha suggests. Of course, we probably can't afford the dental floss SHE uses to tie her turkey together. ;)
Holiday knitting is coming along swimmingly. However, I can't post any photos of the stuff I'm so proud of, because it's for a regular reader of the post. No names! But I'm so happy with what's coming off the needles I could spit. But I won't.
p.s. After last week's fiasco of a grocery bill, I went yesterday to the store armed with $25 for groceries. And I spent $24.75. WOW. That's a lot of cash expenditure! But I made about 8 metric tons of chili last night, and have enough food to last a long time. So if anyone wants chili, come on over. ;) That Mexican chorizo sausage stuff is SOOOO good in chili (thanks to Chris for that suggestion!).
Also, no one has come forward yet to admit they have a bun in the oven. Come on, y'all. I ain't craving salsa for nothing!
Life here is progressing at breakneck speed. Am disconcerted by the fact that I must be getting old, seeing as time truly is flying. I disapprove of this, and am conducting experiments to slow time down.
But good news! Throwing things out to the universe is great, but even better when the universe throws things back at you! As all of you know, I have been obsessively depressed and manic about my financial situation. I've been trying to put things in place to start making more money. And the weirdest thing happened:
IT'S STARTING TO WORK.
Yesterday, the guy I DJ for (he owns the DJ equipment) called to tell me he's getting some more gigs here in town and will be setting them up this weekend. He said "you can have your choice of which ones you want, if you want them!" Um, yeah, I do! It's annoying dealing with drunkards, but I get to sit there and read books (and do German vocabulary) and make money simultaneously. Sweet. I also am apparently now the steady Friday and Saturday night DJ. Which is good. My German is getting a lot better! :)
Then today, I get an email from the editor of the website that I write for (www.savannahbest.com - WARNING - it has music!). She put up the two most recent articles I wrote for her, and asked for my home address, because starting with the two articles I just sent, she's GOING TO START PAYING ME TO WRITE.
WOW. I am a paid writer. This is amazing.
Keep it coming, universe!
On a totally unrelated note, my sister and I are responsible for cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year (at my mom's in NC). That'll be fun. We did it once before, and got the brilliant idea of using dental floss to tie the turkey's legs together. That, um, doesn't work. But it did leave a nice mint flavoring. LOL. Just kidding - we just had plain ol' non-flavored dental floss. But it is a thought. They do make cinnamon, after all.
I'll have to check and see what Martha suggests. Of course, we probably can't afford the dental floss SHE uses to tie her turkey together. ;)
Holiday knitting is coming along swimmingly. However, I can't post any photos of the stuff I'm so proud of, because it's for a regular reader of the post. No names! But I'm so happy with what's coming off the needles I could spit. But I won't.
p.s. After last week's fiasco of a grocery bill, I went yesterday to the store armed with $25 for groceries. And I spent $24.75. WOW. That's a lot of cash expenditure! But I made about 8 metric tons of chili last night, and have enough food to last a long time. So if anyone wants chili, come on over. ;) That Mexican chorizo sausage stuff is SOOOO good in chili (thanks to Chris for that suggestion!).
Also, no one has come forward yet to admit they have a bun in the oven. Come on, y'all. I ain't craving salsa for nothing!

1 Comments:
Woooooohoooooo!!! Sounds like things are looking up for you! Yippee!
BTW, Cima doesn't seem to have put your stuff up yet. I'm dying to see the pictures from the Pirate's Fest.
Please don't spit on any hypothetical knitting projects. . .
Post a Comment
<< Home