Is the Apocalypse Upon Us?
It is in the EIGHTIES outside today. This is INSANE. I think Mother Nature is trying to trick us into wearing short sleeves and suddenly will hit us with a snowstorm, and this being Savannah, where no one has seen snow in 10 years since the Big Blizzard when 1/2 inch of snow fell and melted within an hour, there will be mass hysteria and stampedes, and probably some pointless calls to FEMA to send some Chef Boyardee and Coors Light.
Speaking of Mother Nature, I did a bad thing yesterday. Ok. I try to be diligent with recycling. Really I do. As anyone who has seen my kitchen recently can attest. It looked like a well-groomed, flatulent wino convention took place in my house. SO many bottles. And cans of beans. And plastic shampoo bottles (I do have a lot of hair, you know). And multiple times I have loaded up this assortment of cans and bottles and containers into my car and driven all the way to Tybee Island, only to find that the public recycling center is not open. Repeatedly. So last night, I could take it no more. And I loaded up all this well-intentioned mess and put it into the garbage can. Sigh. I feel guilty. But dammit! Why do they keep closing the Open To The Public Recycling place? I was driven to this! It's not entirely my fault!
That said, my kitchen does look a LOT more open now. When the phone guy came over last week, I felt a little embarrassed that he came into my house and saw the 73 empty beer bottles in the kitchen floor. What can one do except smile like the drunken idiot that I am?
Holiday Knitting is progressing well, since I have now gotten past the complicated pattern part and am now in the easy, can-drink-wine-while-furiously-clicking part. Very good! Perhaps christmas won't have to be delayed after all!
Rachel and I have decided that in honor of Joe, who (sadly) will not be attending our Thanksgiving feast this year, we will make some German goodies to eat. My translations of the recipes are a little....creative. But hopefully nothing is translated so badly that someone contracts salmonella from the cookies. I've tried several recipes out of the beautiful Bavarian cookbook Joe gave me, and they worked out well, so there's hope for the pastries. :)
Nothing more to report from here today. How boring!
Speaking of Mother Nature, I did a bad thing yesterday. Ok. I try to be diligent with recycling. Really I do. As anyone who has seen my kitchen recently can attest. It looked like a well-groomed, flatulent wino convention took place in my house. SO many bottles. And cans of beans. And plastic shampoo bottles (I do have a lot of hair, you know). And multiple times I have loaded up this assortment of cans and bottles and containers into my car and driven all the way to Tybee Island, only to find that the public recycling center is not open. Repeatedly. So last night, I could take it no more. And I loaded up all this well-intentioned mess and put it into the garbage can. Sigh. I feel guilty. But dammit! Why do they keep closing the Open To The Public Recycling place? I was driven to this! It's not entirely my fault!
That said, my kitchen does look a LOT more open now. When the phone guy came over last week, I felt a little embarrassed that he came into my house and saw the 73 empty beer bottles in the kitchen floor. What can one do except smile like the drunken idiot that I am?
Holiday Knitting is progressing well, since I have now gotten past the complicated pattern part and am now in the easy, can-drink-wine-while-furiously-clicking part. Very good! Perhaps christmas won't have to be delayed after all!
Rachel and I have decided that in honor of Joe, who (sadly) will not be attending our Thanksgiving feast this year, we will make some German goodies to eat. My translations of the recipes are a little....creative. But hopefully nothing is translated so badly that someone contracts salmonella from the cookies. I've tried several recipes out of the beautiful Bavarian cookbook Joe gave me, and they worked out well, so there's hope for the pastries. :)
Nothing more to report from here today. How boring!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home