Amanda: Here and Now Not Here
It's a bittersweet day. Amanda has left to go back up to NC, and then back to New Zealand. We had so much fun! We went yarn browsing, knitted, drank wine, chatted, knitted some more, watched movies, and even de-flowered her.
Yes, you heard right. Amanda WAS a karaoke virgin. Not anymore, thanks to Chris, a Sour Apple daquiri, and David Allen Coe. We did a moving rendition of "You Don't Have To Call Me Darlin', Darlin'".
It was deeply touching.
We have photos. I will have to try to post some of them.
We also got photos of us at the yarn shop, where we saw some pretty patchwork knitting bags that were for sale for $90. Crazy! And Joe, you would hate them. No zippers. No closed pockets. Just a little button and loop to hold it closed, so everything would fall out if it got knocked over. Knitters need more security than that!
Amanda and I had a lot of time to chat, and it was very useful and helpful to me, seeing as she's in a situation in which I hope to be in soon myself (time depending on finances). We talked a lot about living in a foreign country, and how lonely it can be. Amanda, we love you and miss you! So email every day! :)
Now she's on her way back, and things are boring again at Chez Kelli. Back to work and more work, and real estate lessons and DJing. And paychecks and paying down debt. Which is good. Because I want the opportunity to have a difficult time meeting friends in a foreign country too.
p.s. I'm excited about the Olympics coming up so soon! Except that when they come on, I will be THIRTY!!! 8 days left in my 20s!!! AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Yes, you heard right. Amanda WAS a karaoke virgin. Not anymore, thanks to Chris, a Sour Apple daquiri, and David Allen Coe. We did a moving rendition of "You Don't Have To Call Me Darlin', Darlin'".
It was deeply touching.
We have photos. I will have to try to post some of them.
We also got photos of us at the yarn shop, where we saw some pretty patchwork knitting bags that were for sale for $90. Crazy! And Joe, you would hate them. No zippers. No closed pockets. Just a little button and loop to hold it closed, so everything would fall out if it got knocked over. Knitters need more security than that!
Amanda and I had a lot of time to chat, and it was very useful and helpful to me, seeing as she's in a situation in which I hope to be in soon myself (time depending on finances). We talked a lot about living in a foreign country, and how lonely it can be. Amanda, we love you and miss you! So email every day! :)
Now she's on her way back, and things are boring again at Chez Kelli. Back to work and more work, and real estate lessons and DJing. And paychecks and paying down debt. Which is good. Because I want the opportunity to have a difficult time meeting friends in a foreign country too.
p.s. I'm excited about the Olympics coming up so soon! Except that when they come on, I will be THIRTY!!! 8 days left in my 20s!!! AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

1 Comments:
hey
i'm not worthy!!!
i had a blast,
and cried on the way home,
and not because of the flat tyre...
photos to follow,
thanks for the southern hospitality!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home