Mwah-ha-ha-ha-ha! I am victorious!
So yesterday evening? A day of victory. VICTORY!
I called and found out that my balance transfers from 2 high interest credit cards went through. So both of them had.....
ZERO BALANCES.
So I cancelled them. The chick on the phone said "We're sorry to be losing your accounts." And I said "I'M not." :D
Then I put on some good music, danced around the living room, sat down in the floor, drank some SoCo (that's Southern Comfort, for all you Yankees out there), and cut both cards up into little itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny pieces.
Then took a picture.
Then danced some more.
THEN! Just to add to the GLORY of the aforementioned VICTORY over the bastards at Chase Credit Services, I pulled out my Great Big Book of Everything (with my bills, checks, etc. in it) and paid bills.
And by bills I mean: I paid off my LAST credit card with the Chase Credit Services Bastards. Sent the check in today. It's gone. I'm going to call in a few days and cancel it, and then repeat the above Victory Celebration Sequence.
I still have several cards left to be paid off, but these were the worst of the worst.
Y'all, one of those credit cards I cut up last night was the very first one I got. I was 18. Young, naive, full of hope for a job that paid more than $12 an hour. It was my Duke alumni card. It had sentimental value. Sentiments like: Why the hell am I so stupid that I charged PIZZA on a credit card eight years ago? Or: I am a worthless piece of crap because I am so in debt and obviously am not a mature person or responsible or intelligent.
Those kinds of sentiments can GO, my friends. They aren't wanted here at Chez Kelli anymore. (well, they never were - but I can banish them now with confidence and the finger and a few choice curse words).
So let's tip our glasses (full of SoCo) to Victories! Major, Minor, they all deserve celebrating! *Clink*
On an unrelated side note:
It is 73 degrees here today. WTF??
I called and found out that my balance transfers from 2 high interest credit cards went through. So both of them had.....
ZERO BALANCES.
So I cancelled them. The chick on the phone said "We're sorry to be losing your accounts." And I said "I'M not." :D
Then I put on some good music, danced around the living room, sat down in the floor, drank some SoCo (that's Southern Comfort, for all you Yankees out there), and cut both cards up into little itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny pieces.
Then took a picture.
Then danced some more.
THEN! Just to add to the GLORY of the aforementioned VICTORY over the bastards at Chase Credit Services, I pulled out my Great Big Book of Everything (with my bills, checks, etc. in it) and paid bills.
And by bills I mean: I paid off my LAST credit card with the Chase Credit Services Bastards. Sent the check in today. It's gone. I'm going to call in a few days and cancel it, and then repeat the above Victory Celebration Sequence.
I still have several cards left to be paid off, but these were the worst of the worst.
Y'all, one of those credit cards I cut up last night was the very first one I got. I was 18. Young, naive, full of hope for a job that paid more than $12 an hour. It was my Duke alumni card. It had sentimental value. Sentiments like: Why the hell am I so stupid that I charged PIZZA on a credit card eight years ago? Or: I am a worthless piece of crap because I am so in debt and obviously am not a mature person or responsible or intelligent.
Those kinds of sentiments can GO, my friends. They aren't wanted here at Chez Kelli anymore. (well, they never were - but I can banish them now with confidence and the finger and a few choice curse words).
So let's tip our glasses (full of SoCo) to Victories! Major, Minor, they all deserve celebrating! *Clink*
On an unrelated side note:
It is 73 degrees here today. WTF??

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home