It's Shawl Over.
Ok, the title? Bad attempt at humor. But I just looked in the bathroom mirror (at work) and realized something:
I look like someone's grandma.
I'm wearing my hair in a bun. And around my shoulders? A red mystery piece of knitting that was supposed to be a poncho but then I realized that ponchos make me look pregnant, so it turned into a wrap instead.
I'm sitting here in the office, drinking hot chocolate, with my hair in a bun, wrapped up in a home-made shawl.
Thank god I'm wearing my black knee boots. At least I'm a grandma with some Razzmatazz!
Today's Proof That I Am Jinxed:
I broke the office shredder. How does one break a shredder, you ask? I got mad skillz, y'all, because I broke it with PAPER. I was just shredding away and heard a weird noise. So what did I do? Turn it off? Oh no. Just shoved in more paper. (Those who knew me in Colorado will remember a similar incident with the garbage disposal and about 8 metric tons of sweet potato peels). The weird noise repeats. Louder. So I finally turn it off, start pulling paper out of the grindy part, and find a chunk of plastic that apparently was one of the teeth that moved the paper through said grindy thing. Oops.
So I just turned it off and left it there. We'll deal with that another day.
Mmm...hot chocolate is gooood.
And ok, I found my dream car. Well, I already knew my dream car, but I found it in PINK. Bored? Check out www.smart.com. I love the cabrio fortwo special pink edition. Oh sigh...... So cute.
I look like someone's grandma.
I'm wearing my hair in a bun. And around my shoulders? A red mystery piece of knitting that was supposed to be a poncho but then I realized that ponchos make me look pregnant, so it turned into a wrap instead.
I'm sitting here in the office, drinking hot chocolate, with my hair in a bun, wrapped up in a home-made shawl.
Thank god I'm wearing my black knee boots. At least I'm a grandma with some Razzmatazz!
Today's Proof That I Am Jinxed:
I broke the office shredder. How does one break a shredder, you ask? I got mad skillz, y'all, because I broke it with PAPER. I was just shredding away and heard a weird noise. So what did I do? Turn it off? Oh no. Just shoved in more paper. (Those who knew me in Colorado will remember a similar incident with the garbage disposal and about 8 metric tons of sweet potato peels). The weird noise repeats. Louder. So I finally turn it off, start pulling paper out of the grindy part, and find a chunk of plastic that apparently was one of the teeth that moved the paper through said grindy thing. Oops.
So I just turned it off and left it there. We'll deal with that another day.
Mmm...hot chocolate is gooood.
And ok, I found my dream car. Well, I already knew my dream car, but I found it in PINK. Bored? Check out www.smart.com. I love the cabrio fortwo special pink edition. Oh sigh...... So cute.

1 Comments:
hmmm, thanks for the heads up, i was thinking to start a shawl...using a poncho pattern, just not fully closing it up so that it would be more a shawl!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home