Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Gold-diggin'

So in a constant effort at self-improvement, I made a New Year's Resolution to read one biography per month of a person who is motivating or interesting in some way. For January, I've been reading a biography about Jackie Kennedy Onassis. She always was so poised and had such calm and grace (and nice clothes). So I figured she'd be a good choice for my biography of the month. And I've learned something:

She was just a gold digger.

OK, maybe everyone already knew this and I've just been living with my head in a hole in the ground. But I just thought that maybe she wasn't since I assumed she was so rich in her own right.

But do y'all remember that blog entry I wrote a month or so ago about rich women and how they get anything they want because they have money? Yeah. Jackie Onassis. She got her jobs through her family's connections, not because she was oh, I don't know... qualified.

I am very disillusioned now.

Also, JFK was an ASS. Seriously. I knew he was a womanizer (my head wasn't THAT far into the ground!) but I had no idea how bad it was. His dad was the same way, and so was Jackie's dad, whom she adored. Which goes a long way to explain why she was willing to put up with JFK's dalliances.

That and his $10 million trust fund.

********

As far as my life goes, it's a lot of the same old stuff. Working a lot, being annoyed with my job (the office one - Wet Willies is fine). Reducing debt, which is good. Still working on getting my real estate license, which will hopefully bring in more money.

Speaking of being money-obsessed. ha ha.

I'm FINALLY going to be sending out xmas presents soon. Pathetic, but true. Anyway, must go buy shipping supplies and get everything in the mail. That will be exciting!

I will also be posting some photos of some of my FOs (that's Finished Objects for you non-knitters out there). Now that it's post-holidays I can put up photos without spoiling someone's surprise.

Sigh. Back to the grind. Must go do my boss's work for him (what he said he'd do yesterday? On my desk with a note this morning, saying to do it for him - sigh).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. SO where IS my Yule present? My toes are sooooooooooo cold!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home