Feet on Ground
Ok! Well, it's been a few days since I've written, which could mean one of several things: (1) my computer died [very possible reality], (2) I can't type because my fingers fell off from knitting too much [hopefully NOT such a possible reality], or (3) Joe arrived and we've been busy having fun, going out, drinking beer, and enjoying the sunshine.
I'm pleased to say that the correct answer is 3. Joe arrived on Friday afternoon after spending the night in DC and another set of delays the next day (thank you, United). But. He got here, and that's the important thing.
We've had a great time so far. We had a nice relaxing evening on Friday, and on Saturday went to one of his coworker's homes to watch the World Cup game for 3rd place, between Portugal (boo!) and Germany (yay!) . Germany won, which was great! It was a shame they didn't make it into the finals, but what can you do? It was also educational because everyone there was a native German speaker, so I got to practice listening and being confused. Which frankly, I am becoming an expert in doing (confusion, not listening).
On Sunday, we went and looked at rental homes, because the paperwork is in the process of being finalized, and Joe will be moving here sometime in mid-August! Yay! Except...Panic! Because I'm not ready to move!! But. There is some time to frantically fling crap out of my house. I hope. Must clean out sewing room. Wow. I have some seriously crappy fabric in there.
Anyway. We found several nice homes in our price range in the Pooler area. This is important as Pooler is close to the airport, where Joe will be working, since he is (and I love saying this) an aerospace engineer. heh. We did find some pretty places though, and both of us agreed that since we would spend the same amount of money on a luxury apartment, we might as well go for a house and have (1) a garage, (2) a yard for the grill and margarita parties, and (3) a square-foot garden for me. Oh, and also a spot for the Garden Gnome, who is languishing by being inside, for fear that the little brats in my neighborhood might steal him or otherwise cause him bodily harm. Gottfried is not enjoying the lack of sunshine. Poor little guy.
But work calls, so both of us are busy trying to work and get things settled for the big move. Joe's trying to get as much done as possible while here this week, since life is going to be EXTREMELY busy and hectic for him over the next few weeks. For both of us, but he's moving across the Pond, and that takes a lot of paperwork, y'all.
Also, I finally got the a/c worked on. Of course, it's been significantly cooler since then, so it's impossible to tell if it's working. But the coolness has at least gone somewhere. Namely into the shower water. Something is awry with the water heater now. The landlord's gonna fix that either today or tomorrow. This is one good reason not to own a house. But as a realtor, don't tell anyone I said that. *grin*
So that's the update for now. Life is good. Busy, but good.
As soon as we get the new home situation figured out, everyone is invited for a housewarming. Someone bring banana pudding. ;)
I'm pleased to say that the correct answer is 3. Joe arrived on Friday afternoon after spending the night in DC and another set of delays the next day (thank you, United). But. He got here, and that's the important thing.
We've had a great time so far. We had a nice relaxing evening on Friday, and on Saturday went to one of his coworker's homes to watch the World Cup game for 3rd place, between Portugal (boo!) and Germany (yay!) . Germany won, which was great! It was a shame they didn't make it into the finals, but what can you do? It was also educational because everyone there was a native German speaker, so I got to practice listening and being confused. Which frankly, I am becoming an expert in doing (confusion, not listening).
On Sunday, we went and looked at rental homes, because the paperwork is in the process of being finalized, and Joe will be moving here sometime in mid-August! Yay! Except...Panic! Because I'm not ready to move!! But. There is some time to frantically fling crap out of my house. I hope. Must clean out sewing room. Wow. I have some seriously crappy fabric in there.
Anyway. We found several nice homes in our price range in the Pooler area. This is important as Pooler is close to the airport, where Joe will be working, since he is (and I love saying this) an aerospace engineer. heh. We did find some pretty places though, and both of us agreed that since we would spend the same amount of money on a luxury apartment, we might as well go for a house and have (1) a garage, (2) a yard for the grill and margarita parties, and (3) a square-foot garden for me. Oh, and also a spot for the Garden Gnome, who is languishing by being inside, for fear that the little brats in my neighborhood might steal him or otherwise cause him bodily harm. Gottfried is not enjoying the lack of sunshine. Poor little guy.
But work calls, so both of us are busy trying to work and get things settled for the big move. Joe's trying to get as much done as possible while here this week, since life is going to be EXTREMELY busy and hectic for him over the next few weeks. For both of us, but he's moving across the Pond, and that takes a lot of paperwork, y'all.
Also, I finally got the a/c worked on. Of course, it's been significantly cooler since then, so it's impossible to tell if it's working. But the coolness has at least gone somewhere. Namely into the shower water. Something is awry with the water heater now. The landlord's gonna fix that either today or tomorrow. This is one good reason not to own a house. But as a realtor, don't tell anyone I said that. *grin*
So that's the update for now. Life is good. Busy, but good.
As soon as we get the new home situation figured out, everyone is invited for a housewarming. Someone bring banana pudding. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home