Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Zeus has no sense of humor.

Joe is on his way here! Right now he's sitting at the gate at Washington Dulles airport waiting for his flight to Savannah at 4:45 this afternoon! Which is awesome!

Except.

We are in the middle of a monsoon. Severe Thunderstorm Warnings. I'm looking outside and can't even see across the street very well because of the deluge. Also? Some hail. Also? Lots and lots of lightening. Um, is this some kind of cosmic joke? Joe and I work and hope and plan to get him here and everything finally falls into place, and then the bottom falls out of the sky.

Sigh.

At least here in Savannah, we live in flat. We have no mountains, no hills, no nothing to hold up the weather from moving along its merry way. Storms here are notorious for raining like there's no tomorrow, flooding the streets, then clearing up within 15 minutes.

Let's hope this one does that same thing.

Joe's flight is supposed to arrive at 6:35. I will be at the airport, come hell or high water (ha ha - I made a funny! Kinda). Although I must say I have seen the weather worse one other time when going to the airport. Catlyn, remember your arrival during the middle of a hurricane? Yeah, that must have been a pleasant flight. Peanuts flying everywhere.

Oh I can't even think about it. Gulp.

Good news is, I went home at lunch and finished the remainders of my preparations for Joe's visit. Meaning I did the following:

(p.s. Joe don't read this, because you'll know what a slacker, pathetic non-Hausfrau type I am)

* Scrubbed the entirety of the bathroom, including the tub, shower walls, shower curtain, sink, toilet, shelf, and floor. With proper yellow Hausfrau gloves. And lots of Comet.

* Cleaned off the kitchen table.

* Swept & mopped the kitchen floor. (4 words: dead spider under cabinet. GROSS. Georgia bugs be nasty, y'all).

* Dusted living room and bedroom.

* Vacuumed living room and hallway.

* Took out garbage.

* Took out recycling. (Since I live in an archaic non-recycling part of the world, this meant I put the bags of recyclables into the shed until I can take them to the next town over to actually recycle them sometime in the following week.)

* Picked up approximately $20 worth of old $0.50 lottery tickets that someone kindly deposited in my yard sometime today. I made the assumption that they weren't winners. Was going to pick up the ones that also had blown into my neighbor's yard, but halfway across his yard the monsoon began, so I punked out. Whatever. It's the thought that counts, right? I got at least 10 out of his yard. Shut up.

So that was my lunch break. Please note that nowhere on the list did I put "Ate Lunch." Which is why I am now eating carrots. With Crystal Light. Not exactly filling.

But the house is so clean and sparkly and smells so nice! :D

Why don't I ever do this for myself? Why is it that we always use the nice dishes for company and use paper towels for ourselves? Odd, that. I like to have a nice clean house, but I often don't bother to actually clean this in-depth for myself. Huh. There's a lesson to be learned here, I think.

Oh, and no Catlyn, it's the new Dawn of the Dead. I realized though, that I might have a small issue. I checked out 3 dvds the other day : Dawn of the Dead, Skinwalkers, and Mysterious Corpse. Niiiice.

Also 2 Rick Steves travel videos. That guy is such a dork, but I absolutely adore him. :)

I think my car is floating away. Maybe I should take the kayak to the airport. It's a good thing I brought knitting with me - there might be a little bit of a delay while they rebuild the flooded airstrip.

Ok, off to eat more carrots. Have a smashing day everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home