Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

With Teeth

What, you ask, am I talking about with the teeth thing? Well, it's the name of the Nine Inch Nails CD that came to me in the mail today (splurge purchase last week but I am happy with it). And why is this CD important enough that I'm writing about it on the ol' blog?

Because I can play it. In my CAR.

Because Joe is awesome.

For years now I've lived with a radio in my car. A radio. Not a cassette deck, not a CD player. Just a radio. Because this is apparently 1952. Now why Honda would create a car with cruise control and a sunroof and put only a radio into it, I don't know. But this was the way of my life. This left me with few options for driving entertainment: radio (very hit and miss), portable CD player in the passenger seat (skips a LOT), singing to myself (luuuv you, Barry White!).

So anyway, for the past year or 3, I've been having some difficulty with the radio, namely that the button that works both the on/off and the volume decided that it would work only when it decided to. Sometimes the thing would play so quietly I couldn't hear it, and I'd turn and turn and turn it, first one direction and then the other, with no response. Then other times I'd breathe on the thing and it would turn ALL THE WAY UP. Which led me to have a little My-Eardrums-Just-Shattered mini-seizure, leading the people in the car behind me to worry for their welfare.

But! Joe, in his kindness (and I suspect pity for my hour in the car daily commute) decided to take matters into his own hands. We bought a car radio and CD PLAYER! And he spent yesterday evening putting it into the car, which involved taking off much of the dashboard cover, unplugging things, soldering wires (I helped!) and then putting it all back together. It's a good thing he's an engineer. Hello, Rocket Science!

So he finished it last night and this morning I had a CD player in my little car! I rocked out. :D Which explains the Nine Inch Nails CD. And the German language CDs from the library. Now driving time can be study time too!

I am so thrilled, you have no idea. It's time for a road trip now!

This week at work has been really busy, and I'm not even halfway done. (No one, you say, is halfway done with their week on a Tuesday). Well obviously. But I have to work on Saturday as well, at a job fair. So this week is a 6 day workweek! But I'm taking Monday off work to compensate. Maybe by then I'll find the camera cable and can post some photos!

It's late now, so I think I'll go to bed. Hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just drove home this afternoon with the sunroof open, warm sunlight streaming on my hair (it's 60+ here in The Commonwealth -- so why is there still ice on the ground??) and listening to my favorite cd at a high volume and loving life. Glad you can now do the same. I always thought it was weird that that car didn't have a cd player in it. I thought about adding a five-disc one to the trunk, but decided it was too expensive. Enjoy your tunes! Oh, yeah, and your dork cds, too. ;)

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home