Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday to me!

Ah yes. Another year, another birthday. As of yesterday, I am now a respectable THIRTY ONE YEARS OLD. wow.

Joe and I went out to dinner last night to a lovely seafood restaurant overlooking the Savannah River. Oh the food was so good. YUM. I had a healthy dinner of crabcake, salmon, and shrimp. Actually, that was pretty healthy (I thought I was being sarcastic at first there). Oh! And an appetizer of she crab soup. Mmmmmmmmmmm.........

Joe had beef tenderloins, and they were indeed tender. MMmm.

Ok, enough about food.

We went for Starbucks afterwards for healthy (THERE'S the sarcasm!) coffee drinks. Then home for an xbox smackdown. Then, befitting my new status as an Older Woman, we played Yahtzee. Because yes, we are that cool.

We had fun though (especially since I won at Yahtzee - heh). (He claims he let me win, but I had not one single ZERO on my scorecard, and, well.....enough said.)

(Note: I can't say anything mean about him because he's reading this over my shoulder).

Isn't Joe a great guy? *wink*

So all in all, it was a nice birthday, even though I had to lead new team member orientation and had to get up for work at 5 am. OUCH.

One thing I realized today, now that I am older and wiser and mostly older, is that thirty one is really kind of an odd, in-between age. It's not 30, it's not 32. It's just...nothing, really. No one ever seems to have expectations that they would accomplish something exciting by the time they're 31. I've never heard someone say that they must have the next great American novel written by the time they're 31. It's not a benchmark age, know what I mean?

Which is nice. Because that means it's a transitional age. A hidden year between those years that events are measured by. So! Guess that's a kind of ticket to self-evolution in the next year, without feeling some stupid need to keep up with a societal ideal of life timelines.

Take THAT, society!

2 Comments:

Blogger ragazzaostrica said...

IT TOOK ME TIL 32/33 TO REALLY ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING,
AND TO REALISE WHAT ACCOMPLISHMENT REALLY IS!!!

XOXO,
THE OYSTER

12:04 PM  
Blogger Shanna Mac said...

happy late birthday dear friend. you do 31 proud! hope you're having a lovely sunday afternoon. i have mama, annie and hannah all here to help me love on the wee one, since her papa is out of town. it's wonderful, though i'm up here typing this instead of hanging out. must go be good hostess!

and gracen looks BEAUTIFUL in her kelligarb. love you!!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home