Weekend in Review
So this was my last weekend as a bachelorette, as it were (or as Joe's mom said, a "Grass Widow"! I love that phrase!). I ate a lot of junk - pizza, cookies, hard cider, pierogies (YUM). So it'll be good to have Joe back, if for no other reason than he can talk some sense into my appetite.
On Saturday I worked on my pink & red Chinese satin dress to wear to the Pink & Black Gala, a semi-formal event to honor breast cancer survivors. It was a serious snooze-fest. 3 hours of talking and some mediocre (but free) food. Everyone had to wear pink or black (fun!). I sat at a table with mostly Spanish speakers and 2 translators from work, which was fun. Also, Stephanie Edwards, who was an American Idol finalist (I learned later - I never saw the show), performed 2 songs. She was the highlight of the evening. She has a lovely voice. I also met our congressman, but didn't get a chance to talk to him about the clearcutting going on around here. Oh well.
Anyway, even though the evening was kind of a bust, I looked sharp, if I do say so myself. Check it out:

Woo hoo! I even brushed my hair! ;)
Sunday was a lazy day. Again. Today has been a bit slow as well, but I had fun at knitting night tonight. Mmmm...hot chocolate! (last time the huge coffee kept me awake really late, so the hot chocolate seemed a good choice - and was!).
This week is going to be a bit busy (especially if I actually do all of the things on my To Do list, which won't happen, but we can dream, no?) I'm also meeting a coworker next week to teach her to knit. Fun!
Also, I'm working on my German on www.dw-world.de, which has free online German lessons and audio. Cool.

3 Comments:
Lovely! I like it without a belt/obi/thingie. Good choice.
you're so fancy...
ooo la la...
nice.
from this photo, you sort of look like the avon lady in edward scissor hands...[of course this is extreme compliment coming from me]
i miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home