Tuesday Newsday
Ok, for some strange reason my home computer won't let me type onto the blog. Sigh. I am so technologically stupid it's not funny. Must figure out what the deal is.
So Joe went back to Germany on Sunday night. Very sad that he had to leave. But we had a fantastic time while he was here (as evidenced by Sushi photo). We ate like it was going out of style. Actually had to schedule in our meals, so we wouldn't miss any of the restaurants we wanted to swarm over. YUM.
Fall is finally coming. On the drive back from Atlanta, the leaves were starting to change. I am thrilled. Autumn is absolutely my favorite season. Could be that it's frustrating to knit when it's 102 outside. Could be all the holidays surrounding food. Hmmm....
Anyway, I think it has to do with 20 years of brainwashing, but every fall I get a hankering for starting new projects and doing some life-spritzing-up. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE www.flylady.net. Fabulous woman who is a goddess-send. I have started to schedule myself, because that's the only way my ass will actually get anything done. And, miracle of miracles, it actually works!!! Before going to work today, I had managed to exercise (and post-exercise shower), clean the kitchen, go to the library, and set up my new office space in the little-used guest room. I will be posting a photo of that soon. Oh, how exciting to have a nice cleaned-off desk in an open space, ready to write on my new (Thank you Elizabeth!) computer, and to have more space in the cavernous black hole that is my sewing room. WOW.
It apparently is monsoon season outside today. Glad my umbrella is in the car. Damn. 20% chance of rain, huh? Nice.
Oh, and in this fledgling experience of planning ahead of time, I am (watch out!) now working on Christmas presents. Go team! I just hope this lasts long enough for me not to burn out before at least half of them are finished!
So Joe went back to Germany on Sunday night. Very sad that he had to leave. But we had a fantastic time while he was here (as evidenced by Sushi photo). We ate like it was going out of style. Actually had to schedule in our meals, so we wouldn't miss any of the restaurants we wanted to swarm over. YUM.
Fall is finally coming. On the drive back from Atlanta, the leaves were starting to change. I am thrilled. Autumn is absolutely my favorite season. Could be that it's frustrating to knit when it's 102 outside. Could be all the holidays surrounding food. Hmmm....
Anyway, I think it has to do with 20 years of brainwashing, but every fall I get a hankering for starting new projects and doing some life-spritzing-up. For those of you who don't know, I LOVE www.flylady.net. Fabulous woman who is a goddess-send. I have started to schedule myself, because that's the only way my ass will actually get anything done. And, miracle of miracles, it actually works!!! Before going to work today, I had managed to exercise (and post-exercise shower), clean the kitchen, go to the library, and set up my new office space in the little-used guest room. I will be posting a photo of that soon. Oh, how exciting to have a nice cleaned-off desk in an open space, ready to write on my new (Thank you Elizabeth!) computer, and to have more space in the cavernous black hole that is my sewing room. WOW.
It apparently is monsoon season outside today. Glad my umbrella is in the car. Damn. 20% chance of rain, huh? Nice.
Oh, and in this fledgling experience of planning ahead of time, I am (watch out!) now working on Christmas presents. Go team! I just hope this lasts long enough for me not to burn out before at least half of them are finished!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home