Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

Hi Everyone. Hope no one is still hungover, and everyone had a safe and happy segue into 2006.

Did you do your New Year's Resolutions? I did. I broke down and did them this year. Normally I don't, because I figure self-improvement shouldn't have to abide by the calendar. BUT. I did this year. And I took a lesson from Crazy Aunt Purl (those who haven't seen her blog, I pity you). She did a great thing called a New Year Do's and Dont's List.

So, I did a similar thing. My resolutions list covers financial matters (of course), body & health, mind & spirit, and miscellaneous.

My favorite resolution? Embrace my Inner Pirate. Yarrr.

Christmas was fine. Had a nice time with the family. Audrey hosted a very nice tea party, and Leah is doing some spectacular cow noises now. I will be posting photos of a few gifts of particularly spectacular significance. But not right now.

I worked on New Year's Eve. Remember that resolution about financial matters? Check. Go team!

And honestly, it actually wasn't that bad. Not too many drunk people, and I got to play old school stuff, like Stevie Wonder (Superstition) and the Der Kommisar song. Awesome. And everyone seemed to have a good time, which is nice.

Yesterday brought a realization to me though. What is equally as bad, if not worse, than bathing suit shopping? Bra shopping. This really sucks, y'all. I tried on bras for hours and didn't end up buying a single one. Sigh... And they're so expensive! It's highway robbery!

You guys out there are so damn lucky. Jock straps couldn't possibly cost $50. Nor do they come in 1589 varieties and colors. Nor do they have wires. Nor do they lift and separate. Actually, we can all be thankful about that last one.

So now the next major holiday to look forward to (other than Bastille Day) is my birthday, coming up in just over a month. I will be 30. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger ragazzaostrica said...

it's cool to be 30

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home