Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Down at tha Dee Emm Vee!

Ok. Today was Renew My Driver's License Day. Got license with requisite bad, unflattering photo with flat hair and double chins.

But here's the main point:

There are some sketchy-ass people at the DMV, y'all.

I saw people getting their licenses who, in my expert opinion, have NO BUSINESS operating a motor vehicle.

Liek the 140 yr old woman on a walker (complete with tennis balls) who could barely stand up, but was there to get her eye test?

Or the obviously drug addicted artsy guy who would weigh 80 lbs soaking wet, even with the humongous black weird things hanging out of his ears?

wow.

Which reminds me of a time, back in Mars Hill, NC, when Rachel drove me to the grocery store. She did the NC thing (which is to stay in the car while your friend/cousin/co-worker/common-law spouse shops) while I ran in to get whatever it was we needed. I slipped in between two of the unused checkout counters, and frightened some middle-aged man standing there looking confused. I apologized, and he said to me "That's ok, it happens alot. My left eye is glass."

Um, ok.

So then I leave the store with my purchases and climb into the car with Rachel. And she's getting ready to drive off, when I see this man come out of the grocery store and climb into a truck (the wife & kid were also doing the NC thing). Now he wasn't getting in the passenger's seat. Mr. Glass Eye was DRIVING. I recommended to Rachel that we could wait til they got out of the parking lot. Because um...

Depth perception? Hello.

Moral of the story: everyone drive carefully out there. :)

***************

On an unrelated note, I am kicking ass and taking names on the real estate course. Did 7 lessons per night for the last two days. Tonight might not be quite as productive unfortunately, because I have other things on my To Do List that are time-sensitive. BUT! 14 lessons in 2 days is fantastic, if I do say so myself!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that the DMV always has the worst of the worst? I mean, it should be a nice slice of the "average" American population, right? So does this mean that the "average" citizen is totally loopy?

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home