Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday, Not Funday

So much has happened this past week and weekend. Where to begin??

Let's see...I do have photos. I will be posting them tonight hopefully (do I say that every time? I think I do). There are wedding photos, drinking photos (of course), travel photos, family photos, sewing photos, and even photos of random crap that no one will care about. But I'll post them anyway. And you all will look at them and smile and ooh and ahh and be impressed anyway, right?

Life has obviously been very busy lately. I recovered from the trip, thankfully, and got caught up on sleep. Saturday was training at the realty company, specifically training on forms and contracts, which I found very helpful. It made me feel much more confident about getting started. Also, I spoke with my broker and she also reassured me that I will do a great job BECAUSE I'm nervous - it shows that I'm concerned about doing things right. I hadn't thought of it that way. She also said that they will definitely help and walk me through my first few tranactions at every step, to make sure I feel ok with everything. WHEW. I feel so much better now! :)

So if anyone wants to buy or sell a home in the Savannah area, let me know! (Shameless Plug)

Savannah was hotter than the gates of 40 hells this weekend. Highs in the high 90s and no rain, no clouds, no break from the HOT. My little house has issues with this for several reasons: small a/c unit, not enough insulation (I'm guessing at that), a black roof, and no shade trees. I will be posting photos of the results of this and the steps I have taken to counteract the HOT, sauna-like conditions in the living room.

Speaking of HOT (Joe, don't read this part!), they're now showing World Cup games on tv (even on one of the 5 channels I kinda get!) I watched the Iran vs. Mexico game. And let me just say....um....oh my. These are some strapping young men on these teams (Joe, I told you to quit reading!). So look out David Beckham! You have some competition out there! Also, I wrote in to msn.com to offer some disgruntled feedback. They have a section on the World Cup page called "Babes of the World Cup." Typical. Apparently they think that attractive women sitting in the stands are there only to be oogled and put on the internet, and aren't actually there to WATCH THE GAME. So anyway, whatever. But what really pissed me off is the fact that they didn't have ACTUAL Babes of the World Cup, as in..attractive players. Sigh. David Beckham LOVES this kind of coverage! Work with him, people! So I wrote and told them that women actually watch this sport too, and we would appreciate a similar photo gallery, dammit. ;)

Ok, Joe, you can start reading again. :D

So if you get to watch any of the World Cup, you should. It's a great international competition, and the best part is, this year it's in Germany! All over Germany! They have venues all over the place, from Berlin to Munich to Frankfurt, and they've been doing some little cultural pieces in between games. Very cool.

Speaking of being fit, I've been on a low carb diet since Friday, and it's already working. I did some Pilates yesterday with Way-Too-Chipper Denise Austin, but she kicked my butt - my abs are really sore today. And I didn't even know I HAD abs anymore! I thought they disappeared sometime around 1995! (Remember, Rachel, how ripped I used to be when I was 18? Ah, those were the days). So I hope that everyone will hold me accountable for good eating. Please?

Alright, must go and get to work. Much to do and not much time to do it. Photos forthcoming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home