Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What I did on my weekend vacation.

First of all, good news on the job front! Apparently I did well enough during my presentation and interview that I am now one of the finalists for ths job! YAY! They're now in the Checking the References phase, and hopefully I'll know something by next week. wow. Wish me luck! I also have another resume I'm sending off today, just in case.

It's nice just to know that my degrees might actually be helping me, instead of getting in my way of getting a job. I've been told I'm overqualified more times than I can remember, and it's really frustrating to hear when those student loan payments are looming.

So! Progress is good!

As for the weekend, Joe and I prepared for our camping trip to Fontana Lake. And can I tell ya something? We are some gear toting people. Seriously. We're going to need to rent a semi at this rate.

Also, on Sunday, we drove down to St. Simon's Island, near Florida, to take a look at some catamarans that were for sale. 3 guesses as to who is interested in buying a catamaran. If you guessed me, guess again. Not that I mind having a catamaran. But Joe LOVES them. Has been wanting one for a while. We saw some nice ones, but didn't buy yet.

St. Simon's is a pretty area - very quaint little beachy resort place. It's not that far of a drive. It took about 1 hour and 20 minutes, which isn't much more than the 45 it takes to get to Tybee from our house now. Not so bad. Plus the parking is free, and on Tybee it's decidedly NOT.

Today it's back to the ol' grind, but it's nice because we're leaving early on Thursday morning for NC, so today is kinda like Thursday already. Yay! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home