Kayaking Trip Through The Cypress Trees
Here is strapping Joe strapping down the kayaks in the driveway. This is the first time we've ever had our two kayaks together! Yay! Also, please note how coordinated Joe's outfit is to both kayaks AND the Jeep. Versace, eat your heart out!

Here's me, trying to reach the straps to get the kayaks OFF the Jeep. That's the Savannah River behind me, and the Ebenezer Creek, where we went kayaking, is a tributary that empties out into the river just around the bend to the left there.

Here are some cypress tree knees. The root systems of these trees are incredible. That's a tree there on the left, the big thing, and the knees are the gnarly things in the middle that the tree uses to breathe and get nutrients.
I love cypress trees. There's something so...primeval about them. The whole trip felt like we were paddling through Tolkien's world. I felt like an elf! Well, ok, yeah. Vertically challenged. Fine. I felt like a hobbit!

I called this spot Cypress Island. Even though I think these might be swamp poplars. Whatever. Look at how they twist at the roots. Neat, huh? They were so tall and straight and just stunning.
There are more pictures to post, but for some reason Blogger is giving me a hard time with downloading more photos. So I'll save them for a different post.


1 Comments:
These are incredible cyprus knees! I love these trees, too. There is something almost other worldly about them.
Post a Comment
<< Home