Week in Review (Again, since I am tired and working hard)
Hi everyone! This won't be long. And will contain no photos, as it is almost my bedtime and I don't have the time or energy to put photos online tonight.
Here's a quick update on Things:
* The Halloween party was very fun!!! We didn't have as many people as expected, but we did have a great time with those who did show up. I do have a couple of photos, but again, too late, too tired, etc. As for food (per a request): cocktail weiners in bbq sauce (in the crockpot), spinach artichoke dip, texas caviar, (both served with tortilla chips), German pumpkin seed cookies, other chocolate cookies I made to look like witch hats, veggies and dip, hot cider, Joe's special fruity drink, and random Halloween candy. I think that was all. It turned out really well, and Joe and I managed to nibble on leftovers for several days afterward. Which is always good. :)
* My new job is great!! I'm really enjoying it. Everyone is very friendly, very open, and willing to explain new things to me. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, what with all the new projects and responsibilities, but I feel like I'm catching on well. Also, they have a gym on the hospital campus that's free for team members. And also they give paid vacation time for blood donations. I can finally reap the rewards of being a bleeder! Awesome.
However, I do need to buy some new suits. Big time.
* Joe bought a catamaran. He's very excited. Although disappointed a bit, because the wind was too strong last weekend. Well, maybe this weekend it'll be better.
* We're getting ready for the holidays, trying to make plans for family visits. I'm not going to be able to go with Joe to Germany at xmas, because I won't have enough vacation time yet, nor will I actually qualify to take vacation (can't take any within the first 90 days). So he'll go to Germany and I will go to the library and rent Miss Marple movies.
Ok, seriously, i have to go to bed now. It's kind of embarrassing, this early morning thing. But what can I say?
Here's a quick update on Things:
* The Halloween party was very fun!!! We didn't have as many people as expected, but we did have a great time with those who did show up. I do have a couple of photos, but again, too late, too tired, etc. As for food (per a request): cocktail weiners in bbq sauce (in the crockpot), spinach artichoke dip, texas caviar, (both served with tortilla chips), German pumpkin seed cookies, other chocolate cookies I made to look like witch hats, veggies and dip, hot cider, Joe's special fruity drink, and random Halloween candy. I think that was all. It turned out really well, and Joe and I managed to nibble on leftovers for several days afterward. Which is always good. :)
* My new job is great!! I'm really enjoying it. Everyone is very friendly, very open, and willing to explain new things to me. I was a bit overwhelmed at first, what with all the new projects and responsibilities, but I feel like I'm catching on well. Also, they have a gym on the hospital campus that's free for team members. And also they give paid vacation time for blood donations. I can finally reap the rewards of being a bleeder! Awesome.
However, I do need to buy some new suits. Big time.
* Joe bought a catamaran. He's very excited. Although disappointed a bit, because the wind was too strong last weekend. Well, maybe this weekend it'll be better.
* We're getting ready for the holidays, trying to make plans for family visits. I'm not going to be able to go with Joe to Germany at xmas, because I won't have enough vacation time yet, nor will I actually qualify to take vacation (can't take any within the first 90 days). So he'll go to Germany and I will go to the library and rent Miss Marple movies.
Ok, seriously, i have to go to bed now. It's kind of embarrassing, this early morning thing. But what can I say?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home