Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Most Recent Finished Sewing Project!

Some of you who have visited me in the past, say, 10 years, will remember this extremely comfortable but exceptionally ratty looking chair.


Well, the time had come. Something had to be done. I was embarrassed to have this chair in my house looking like that. It was really gross.

SO! Joe and I went to JoAnn's and picked out some remnant fabric and I went to town on it. Would you like to see the results? Ok, here you go!


I have to say (very immodestly) that this seriously kicks ass. I am SO PROUD of the way this turned out. I had never made a tailored slipcover before, and so this was a bigtime learning project. I feel really confident about slipcovering now though (and am ready to start on the ottoman and the couch next!). It probably would've been easier to just upholster the thing, but I was a bit intimidated by that. I'd like to try that next time though.

And a photo of the new chair in action!



Ah yes, glowing with success. And wine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, um, WOW. That's unbelievable, Kelli. I think that does qualify as upholstery. Amazing. I love the colors you chose, too.

Hey everyone in cyberspace!! That's my SISTER! The talented one is MY SISTER!! :D

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home