Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Round-up. Yee-hah!

Can I just say again that Joe is awesome? Here is a breakfast he made last week (yes I'm just posting photos - deal with it). This is a German dish called Kaiserschmarrn, and is a bit like pancakes but all crumbled up, and you eat them with sugar sprinkled on top and peaches. YUM.


I am spoiled. Because of such delicious foodstuffs, we invested:

In an exercise bike! Please note that Joe is properly rehydrating. Heh.

Go man, GO!

So anyway, this weekend was the first of Autumn, the start of my favorite season. The leaves are already starting to change a bit here, which is very nice. The days are also getting shorter, which is not so nice, but manageable.
On Saturday morning we got up and had a delicious breakfast of toast. And...coffee. Then! The celebrations began, because Saturday was the start of Oktoberfest! I pulled out my little German girl outfit:
And Joe dug out his Lederhosen (sorry, I didn't get a good photo). Then we went to the grocery store. Because we are just that classy. We had a wonderful dinner of bratwurst and homemade potato salad (again made by Joe). YUM. We also watched some of the Munich Oktoberfest celebrations on http://www.br-online.de/ - live webcams allow for all the drunken frivolity to be viewed by the world. Here's our Oktoberfest feast:

Please note the delicious Curry Ketchup (YUM) and the bottle at the left is Ettaler schnapps, an herbal liquor made by Benedictine monks in the mountains of Bavaria. And it tastes FANTASTIC.

Tonight for dinner we had our traditional Autumn Feast, with pork loins, dressing, roasted root vegetables (all made by me) and some plum cake made by Joe. (It's just coming out of the oven now - can't wait!). It was very nice.

And in honor of Autumn, I decided to try some natural hair color. So I went to Brighter Day, a natural/organic grocery store in Savannah and got some henna. I thought it wouldn't really do much. Boy was I wrong:


I'm a redhead again! And naturally this time! I don't know how long it will last, but I like it so far.
Today we went kayaking at Ebenezer and it was really lovely. There was actually a bit of current, which makes it fun. Except when you get stuck on a large log in the middle of the creek. Oops.

This week should be rather exciting I guess. Knitting night tomorrow night, which is always good. I'm still working on the painfully time-consuming Stargazer sweater. Sigh. It will be done soon. Hopefully.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you left out the picture of you guys in your German outfits at the Pig. Hee hee. A little birdie told me that you guys headed to the store in Oktoberfest attire. I love it. Did you get as many stares as that time we went to Walmart in our Renaissance dresses?

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and also. It's entirely UNFAIR that YOU get Uncle Earl's eyes. Dang woman, your blues are so much bluer with that red hair and that shirt. It's. not. fair!! I'm telling. Mooooommmmmmm. . . .

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look so pretty! :D
don't you just love the henna!? I particularly enjoy the clear kind for shine and some of the blond colors too. lovely.
ciao, ciao

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home