Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Axe Hath Fallen

Hi Everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to blogging. This week has been eventful.

First of all (and the biggest news):

I did indeed get laid off. Sucks. Apparently my programs weren't considered to be critical enough (per the consultants) so I got the axe. They gave me a 2 week transition period, so my last day is February 1st. It's been hard this past week (and probably will continue to be hard this coming week), going in every day and working on a job that I know has no future. But it also gives me some money that will help out for the days of unemployment ahead. I'll apply for unemployment the week after this coming one (after my birthday, next Tuesday!). I do qualify, so that'll help while I'm looking for something else.

So! There's that.

Now on a different (and much happier note) my little seedlings are coming along just great. So well, in fact, that I'm going to have to repot them very soon. The cilantro shot up so fast, it was 2 inches tall only 2 days after it first poked through the ground.

It's been cool here, bordering on flat-out cold. But it's supposed to warm up this week, which will be nice.

Joe is flying to Kansas tomorrow morning, and won't be back til Thursday night late. So he's busy at work, and I'll be here (at least during the evenings) watching cartoons and parking my butt on the couch and knitting. Fun! :D

Another good thing is that I'm making progress on one of my new year's resolutions, which is to lose weight. I've lost about 2 kg (4.5 lbs or so) since the start of January. Go team! I want to lose more (another 4 kg give or take a slice of pizza). That should put me at a pretty good weight. I'm excited to be able to maybe wear clothes suited to skinnier women. :) You know, one of my favorite clothing companies of late is Anthropologie. (check them out at www.anthropologie.com) They have the sort of European mish-mash style of clothing that lives in my Take The Bicycle To The German Market fantasies. Sigh......

On a totally random note, has anyone ever had that Hawaiian coconut flavored coffee? A coworker gave some to me a few months ago (she didn't like it and didn't want to just throw it out). It was VERY good. Joe really liked it too, and once tried to replicate the taste by mixing flaked coconut in with the coffee grounds. It didn't do anything to the taste. So tomorrow (before the trip to the airport) we're trying again. This time I toasted the coconut and mixed it into the grounds. We'll see how well that works. If it tastes great, I'll let you know. A little taste of Hawaii! Yum.

Ok, well, this hasn't been supremely interesting, but that's really all I have to report at this point. Hope everyone has a lovely last week of January!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, let me say that your attitude is amazing. You are an oak.

I love the skirts on anthropologie. How cute! They're perfect for riding a bicycle with a big handlebar basket full of veggies and flowers. And a baguette. Got to have the baguette. You could recreate something similar so easily.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home