Well, it's been a while. 3 weeks. OOPS. I am getting so slack about updating the blog. Sorry. It's hard to make myself go online and do this when there's knitting to be done, and after staring at computers at work all day.
So this month has been extremely busy. October is here and with it the start of fall here in Savannah. The leaves are finally starting to change, and the evenings are nice and cool. I love it. It'll be time for fires in the fireplace soon! We've already pulled out the crockpot once. Comfort food! Yum.
Mom came to visit last weekend, and we went to Oktoberfest on the Savannah Riverfront. It was really nothing to write home about, as evidenced by the fact that I took not one single picture. It rained, it had crappy craft booths,and basically nothing German except for some mediocre bratwurst and an oompah band. Mom had a nice visit with us though.
I've been busy at work and busy sewing. It's time for Halloween costumes and this year I'm making a Sleeping Beauty dress (for Leah) and a Tinkerbell costume (for Audrey). I have them mostly done already, which is good because I'm taking them to NC on Thursday. We're having a family reunion (my mom's side of the family) on October 20th, and Joe and I are taking the opportunity to take off from work and go camping for a few days near Lake Fontana, NC. We packed up the pop-up camper today for the trip - it's a lot easier to pack for a 2 day camping trip instead of a 2 week trip. Much less Chef Boyardee required. Heh.
Let's see...what else? OH! Big news. Well, kinda. In an effort to get my sewing business up and running, I reserved a domain name in my business name. Go check it out:
www.savvyneedle.com
How cool is that? It doesn't say much yet - I plan to have project galleries, class info, and eventually online tutorials and patterns for purchase. Yay!
So anyway, yesterday Joe got all domestic and decided to try his hand(s) at making homemade pretzels. I was busy supervising and taking the occasional photo:
Step 1: (no photo). Make the dough and let it rise. Joe did this from scratch. He is good.
Step 2: Split the dough and roll it into long pieces.
Step 3: Twist the rolled-out dough into pretzel shape.
Step 4: Dip the raw pretzels into a caustic solution (boiling water & baking soda) for a few seconds, so that the pretzels will be brown and crusty on the outside.

Step 5: Bake and sit in the kitchen floor in front of the stove impatiently waiting for them to be done (Joe). (no photo).
Step 6: Create lovely autumnal still-life with pretzels, gourds, and fall fabric.

Step 7: Eat them with relish (no, not pickle relish. Gusto. Eat them with gusto!)

They were good. WERE. They're all gone. :) Might have to make some again soon.
So that's about it for us for now. I know we've had many more exciting things happen other than this small post, but frankly it's late and I have to get up really really really early (5:30 am) for work. Sigh.
Have a lovely day, everyone!
2 Comments:
I NEEEED that recipe!! YUMMY!
seriously!?!?
homemade pretzels,
AWESOME!!
hey, check out the HMA pics on c'oyster and see if you can spy the germans!
hint: there are 3
Post a Comment
<< Home