Mmmmmmmm....Turkey Coma
Our Thanksgiving was good. I have to say I was very proud of my first turkey (it was a breast, but had the bones still in it, so it required stuffing and basting and all that). For my international readers (Guten Tag, y'all!) here is the menu:
turkey
cornbread dressing (basically an herb and vegetable bread pudding, but not as moist)
gravy
cranberry sauce (thick, like marmalade, but not really sweet)
green beans
sweet potato casserole (made by Joe! This is mashed sweet potatoes with a streusel made from brown sugar, pecans, and butter)
pumpkin pie
My mom came down from NC to enjoy the festivities and gluttony and here we are:

But it took a while to get to this point. Oh yes. I spent 3 hours cooking the turkey and basting it:

Please note the stylin' apron. I sewed it the night before because one can NOT make a proper Thanksgiving dinner without an apron. I am kind of dorky that way.
So it was a nice weekend. The next day we went to historic Fort Jackson, a fort from the civil war era. They had ironside ships in the harbor there, and sank them when they lost a battle so that the union soldiers couldn't have them. Interesting stuff.
Mom went home on Sunday morning, after spoiling Joe by making a coconut cream pie with pineapple (no picture because Joe ate it so fast) and since then I've been busy working on Christmas presents, because yes, I am weak and ended up making a few (just a few!) presents for people. I'm keeping them small, but hopefully people will like them. I'd show you a photo of them but I may be sending them out to some of you! :D
What else? No news yet on the job front - we're still in limbo. The weather is cooler here, which is nice.
Next Tuesday is the Rolls-Royce Christmas party. Last year I wore my pink & red dress, so I have to make something new to wear this year. Mom bought me some lovely red knit fabric to make a dress. I haven't cut the fabric yet - maybe it's about time to get to work on that. I've got what....5 days? And 2 of those days we have company or are away from home, so perchance I should work on that all day on Saturday. We also need to decorate the house! We have no Christmas decorations up yet. Shameful!
Alright, it's time to head to bed. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 Comments:
you are looking really thin!!!
i had KFC on thanksgiving!
Post a Comment
<< Home