Depressed In-Limbo Time
Ok, so things in life are progressing. But first, a small rant:
I hate credit card companies. They charge exorbitant interest rates that make it virtually impossible to pay anything off, and they know it. So they never lower said interest rates, even if you've been a good girl and paid them on time and tried really hard.
One company actually told me once, when I called to ask them to lower my rates, that they couldn't offer me a lower rate, because I wasn't making aggressive enough payments. I told him what ridiculous circular logic that was, but I think it was lost on him. Um, hello genius. If you'd lower my interest rates, my payments WOULD be more aggressive, because I would actually be paying off PRINCIPAL instead of your vampiric interest.
Breathing. Breathing.
The reason for my deep, searing hatred towards credit card companies is that (1) I sat down this morning and worked on my budget (or lack thereof) and tried to figure out how much, over the past year of being really stringent with myself, I had actually paid off. And it came up to about $40. Shit.
Reason (2) is that Joe and I have started to discuss the possibility of me moving to Germany and working there. BUT. How can I possibly move to Europe when I can't even pay my bills now? Granted, rent is costing me a lot, but living expenses there are even more expensive. And the job market isn't super. AND I don't speak fluent German, so it would be difficult to get a job.
The point being, if I didn't have all this damn credit card debt, it would be a much more realistic possibility. I am depressed.
And no orders for sewing have come in yet. And no one has bought anything I put in the shop in town. I've been working on stuff for the craft fair, but am losing hope that anything will actually sell.
What am I going to do??
*sob sob sob*
I hate credit card companies. They charge exorbitant interest rates that make it virtually impossible to pay anything off, and they know it. So they never lower said interest rates, even if you've been a good girl and paid them on time and tried really hard.
One company actually told me once, when I called to ask them to lower my rates, that they couldn't offer me a lower rate, because I wasn't making aggressive enough payments. I told him what ridiculous circular logic that was, but I think it was lost on him. Um, hello genius. If you'd lower my interest rates, my payments WOULD be more aggressive, because I would actually be paying off PRINCIPAL instead of your vampiric interest.
Breathing. Breathing.
The reason for my deep, searing hatred towards credit card companies is that (1) I sat down this morning and worked on my budget (or lack thereof) and tried to figure out how much, over the past year of being really stringent with myself, I had actually paid off. And it came up to about $40. Shit.
Reason (2) is that Joe and I have started to discuss the possibility of me moving to Germany and working there. BUT. How can I possibly move to Europe when I can't even pay my bills now? Granted, rent is costing me a lot, but living expenses there are even more expensive. And the job market isn't super. AND I don't speak fluent German, so it would be difficult to get a job.
The point being, if I didn't have all this damn credit card debt, it would be a much more realistic possibility. I am depressed.
And no orders for sewing have come in yet. And no one has bought anything I put in the shop in town. I've been working on stuff for the craft fair, but am losing hope that anything will actually sell.
What am I going to do??
*sob sob sob*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home