Eyeballs in Flight
Lest ye think my life is boring, here is the latest installment of Stuff My Grandkids Will Never Believe I Did When I Was Young:
My dear friend Chris is expanding her personal skill set by learning to DJ karaoke. Last night she was training on the little complicated machiney things that DJs must use, and was unable to go pick up eyeballs from the airport.
Oh yes, eyeballs. Eyeballs In Space! Sounds like a good Twilight Zone episode.
So I gamely volunteered to pick them up. After all, it's been years since I had to go pick up eyeballs at the airport (let's see...it's been over 4 years, actually). And if you think I'm kidding, take a long hard look at my resume. No, look above Dog Castrator. No, up further. Past Bingo Caller. Yeah, Eye Bank. Nice.
And let me just say that you get a lot of double-takes and raised eyebrows carrying a styrofoam box with HUMAN EYE TISSUE written all over it. People swerve to avoid the potential ickiness. Like they're going to jump out of the box or something. Oh, that would make a good Twilight Zone episode too.
My dear friend Chris is expanding her personal skill set by learning to DJ karaoke. Last night she was training on the little complicated machiney things that DJs must use, and was unable to go pick up eyeballs from the airport.
Oh yes, eyeballs. Eyeballs In Space! Sounds like a good Twilight Zone episode.
So I gamely volunteered to pick them up. After all, it's been years since I had to go pick up eyeballs at the airport (let's see...it's been over 4 years, actually). And if you think I'm kidding, take a long hard look at my resume. No, look above Dog Castrator. No, up further. Past Bingo Caller. Yeah, Eye Bank. Nice.
And let me just say that you get a lot of double-takes and raised eyebrows carrying a styrofoam box with HUMAN EYE TISSUE written all over it. People swerve to avoid the potential ickiness. Like they're going to jump out of the box or something. Oh, that would make a good Twilight Zone episode too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home