Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, September 19, 2005

Oh my. So much time has passed since my last post! How shameful!

Life update:

Am currently knitting on stuff for the Mutation Craft Fair on October 8th. Their website is www.mutationcraftfair.com. It should be interesting. We'll see if anything sells. Frankly, I think my stuff is FAB, but who knows what the masses decide?

Am still unemployed. Sigh. My sewing portfolio and some items I've sewn are in a shop in Savannah, but so far no bites.

Am also currently researching copywriting as a path to self-employment. We shall see where that goes. Books say the minimum charge is $50/hr. Which sounds incredibly high and unrealistic, but hell. Might as well try and see what happens, no?

This past weekend I did the Coastal Cleanup as scheduled by the Ocean Conservancy (www.oceanconservancy.com). It feels good to be philanthropic. It's so easy to get wrapped up in your own crap, you know? So I ended up collecting about 25 pounds of garbage, including many beer cans, cigarette stubs, and 2 condom wrappers. It's a good thing I was wearing rubber gloves. GROSS. I had thought that beach cleanup might be a good family activity. But apparently it's not, because beach-going is, based on the..um, evidence..I picked up, a good Start Your Own Family activity.

One question: How does one avoid getting sand in unmentionable places? OW.

It's hotter than the gates of 40 hells here in Savannah. We've had almost record highs for the past few weeks. On Friday, it was FORTY DEGREES hotter here than in Berlin. That is crazy. How am I supposed to knit in this weather!?!

OH, and fashion tip for the day: Coty loose powder is fantastic for making skin unshiny and even-toned. This from a drag queen named Gia that I met at a bar downtown on Saturday. She even powdered my nose for me, and I have to say, that stuff works. Who knew?

Thankfully Autumn starts on Thursday. Maybe now it will get below 96 degrees. Sigh. It's my favorite time of year! Time to drag out the hot cider and the fall-leaf-wreath. Hooray!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that some men, drag queens being the ones of note in this particular case, always know the best makeup to use? Oh, and goth boys always know the best eyeliner.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home