Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Ok, today is better.

Alright. Thanks for bearing with me through yesterday. OY. I am feeling better today about money. At least a little bit.

And today will be a banner day, I'm sure of it! And that is because:

#1 - Joe is planning on calling me this afternoon to discuss my moving to Germany. Which is very exciting, but at the same time makes me want to puke because it makes me nervous. And then I get freaked out about money again, and the fact that the plasma-bastards won't let me donate.

#2 - Tonight is a luau at the realty office that I went to last week for career night. Yeah, a luau. Who knows. Anyway, it should be informative and hopefully point me in a good direction (as in, should I fork over the money for the class - money which I don't have - to become a part-time realtor?).

#3 - It's almost Friday.

Oktoberfest is this weekend in Savannah. We all know how Americans love their drinking holidays, and this one is no different. Anyone know how Oktoberfest got started? *tick tick tick*

Ok, Mad King Ludwig II (the one who built the fabulous castles in southern Germany?). His Grandfather was King Ludwig I, and Oktoberfest was started when he got married, as a celebration for the whole Bavarian State.

So there's your lesson for the day. Oktoberfest has nothing to do with Pina Coladas and Wienerdog races (oh yes, that will be a feature at Savannah's fest). SCARY. I will be going though, if for no other reason than to be snotty about how Americans are so provincial. Hee hee.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kelli- don't be too worried about the move. flying back and forth is costing alot too. I think it is pretty exciting. Amanda in NZ you in deutschland...such international babes. I hear you on the rent thing though...it sucks. Keep us posted on what's happening.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

True, Amber. Flights cost a lot, plus they cause mega-anxiety. Better if I do it once and don't have to do it again for a while. Whew.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home