Not-So-Super Powers
It's rainy here today and fabulous. I love it. Tomorrow I head up to NC for Turkey Day with the fam, and it's supposed to SNOW. Now, y'all will remember that snow is what drove me from the wilds of Colorado, but down here in the Antebellum south, there is no such critter as SNOW. We don't have it. Well, it did snow a few minutes about 3 years ago and we all went outside to watch it, and I'm not exaggerating. It was hysterical - we all suddenly became 5 year old Tahitians or something. "What is this mysterious white stuff falling from the sky? How does it taste, Matumahana?"
Last night I was trying to download some photos of the tights debacle (see post two days ago) and the connection was just too slow. Will try again tonight.
But during this attempted downloading, I was watching X-Men and thinking "How CONVENIENT that all of them have cool powers." Of course, who would want to watch a movie about people whose superpowers involved grass growing or being able to staple things with their teeth? But still. Where are the people who can only do really useless crap, like pee carbolic acid or increase their shoe size at will?
Which made me wonder: if I had a superpower, what would it be? What would my cool X-Men type name be (meaning it has to end in an O or be some kind of Alaskan animal)? So here are some ideas:
Anxiety-o (for obvious reasons! I could worry people to death! What a weapon!)
The Boll-Weevil (I do go through a lot of yarn - could perhaps knit a Wonder-Woman-esque Lasso of Truth, but instead made it an Afghan of Confession)
Burpasaurus Rex (not Alaskan, but work with me here people - Besides you know I got da skillz for this one!)
Think about it - get back to me on which X-Man YOU would be. We can form a posse! With matching knitted uniforms!
Last night I was trying to download some photos of the tights debacle (see post two days ago) and the connection was just too slow. Will try again tonight.
But during this attempted downloading, I was watching X-Men and thinking "How CONVENIENT that all of them have cool powers." Of course, who would want to watch a movie about people whose superpowers involved grass growing or being able to staple things with their teeth? But still. Where are the people who can only do really useless crap, like pee carbolic acid or increase their shoe size at will?
Which made me wonder: if I had a superpower, what would it be? What would my cool X-Men type name be (meaning it has to end in an O or be some kind of Alaskan animal)? So here are some ideas:
Anxiety-o (for obvious reasons! I could worry people to death! What a weapon!)
The Boll-Weevil (I do go through a lot of yarn - could perhaps knit a Wonder-Woman-esque Lasso of Truth, but instead made it an Afghan of Confession)
Burpasaurus Rex (not Alaskan, but work with me here people - Besides you know I got da skillz for this one!)
Think about it - get back to me on which X-Man YOU would be. We can form a posse! With matching knitted uniforms!

2 Comments:
I would have to be Intellectual Lize - my talent would be boring the bad guys into submission with random philosophical trivia and abstract thinking excercises.
nice shoes.....
Post a Comment
<< Home