Revelation!
Just realized! If I can donate blood, that means I can also sell plasma! Ka-ching!
Today is the day I donate for the first time in years. Hooray for light-headedness! Actually, I don't get light-headed, which just demonstrates incontrovertably that I have too much blood in my body. I'll time myself, just out of curiosity.
Made mad progress on presents last night. Sorry to all y'all that haven't gotten presents yet - I'm still waiting to get paid for DJing last month (the check was late to the head DJ guy), so I didn't have postage money to send anything out. BUT! I get paid on Friday. So gifts will be forthcoming.
And having them show up late just makes the holidays last longer, right? Right???
Just found out it's Stalin's birthday today. Huh. Interesting. They think he was responsible for the deaths of over 20 million people, more than anyone in history. (Just heard this on the Writer's Almanac on NPR - I adore Garrison Keiler's voice).
And to torture everyone, let me share a link with you that Joe sent yesterday. This is where he'll be part of this Christmas holiday:
www.oberaudorf.de
It's a clear and beautiful day today here. Even if it is the shortest day of the year. Which means:
HAPPY SOLSTICE, everyone!
Isn't it fun to remember what our lives were like last year at this time, and think about how different things will be next year? Makes me smile. :)
Today is the day I donate for the first time in years. Hooray for light-headedness! Actually, I don't get light-headed, which just demonstrates incontrovertably that I have too much blood in my body. I'll time myself, just out of curiosity.
Made mad progress on presents last night. Sorry to all y'all that haven't gotten presents yet - I'm still waiting to get paid for DJing last month (the check was late to the head DJ guy), so I didn't have postage money to send anything out. BUT! I get paid on Friday. So gifts will be forthcoming.
And having them show up late just makes the holidays last longer, right? Right???
Just found out it's Stalin's birthday today. Huh. Interesting. They think he was responsible for the deaths of over 20 million people, more than anyone in history. (Just heard this on the Writer's Almanac on NPR - I adore Garrison Keiler's voice).
And to torture everyone, let me share a link with you that Joe sent yesterday. This is where he'll be part of this Christmas holiday:
www.oberaudorf.de
It's a clear and beautiful day today here. Even if it is the shortest day of the year. Which means:
HAPPY SOLSTICE, everyone!
Isn't it fun to remember what our lives were like last year at this time, and think about how different things will be next year? Makes me smile. :)

2 Comments:
yay, just what i wanted, the holidays to last longer...
joe. well, that place isn't that great...well, well, well,
yeah, kelli, our lives might reallly be different next year...maybe we will have christmas together!
panetone, schnaaps, and good old fashioned southern sausage balls (provided we can smuggle bisquick over the border)
I'm just trying to imagine what the Germans would think of our good ol' Southern bisquick sausage balls. Incidentally, the last batch I made didn't turn out so spiffy. How can one screw up sausage balls? Really. Three ingredients. But they were dry and rather bland.
I'm thrilled that you're able to donate blood again, Kelli. That's exciting. I'm sure that you had some sort of blood thing in another life. Maybe you were a medievial doctor -- or a vampire.
Every time I've tried to donate, I've passed out bigger than life. I did manage to stay conscious Monday afternoon, but it was touch and go a couple of times.
So, um, Joe's going to paradise for Christmas? And I'm going to Atlanta. Does this seem fair to everyone? I thought not.
Post a Comment
<< Home